Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Political Question: Does A 90 Year-old Man Need Ed Meds? Is This Wise For Our Health Care System?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Political Question: Does A 90 Year-old Man Need Ed Meds? Is This Wise For Our Health Care System?

Postby Aldan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:19 pm

If a man is 80 years old, and he has heart blockage, and the heart surgery has a 50/50 chance of keeping him alive or killing him, should he receive the surgery regardless of the surgeon's opinion?

If a 15 year-old girl needs a liver transplant, and a 45 year-old recovering alcoholic needs a liver transplant, who should receive the donated liver?

Point: Doctors, Hospitals, and the medical bureaucracy play 'God' all the time. People just started noticing this with "Obamacare?" I thought voters were supposed to be educated.

If people are serious about cutting health care costs, then people cannot have any and every medical procedure on demand. This is what, in large part, causes insurance premiums, Medicare costs, and doctor bills, to rise. Understand?

It's not 'death panels.' It's management. Ask your local Insurance Company CEO. Ask him if he wants to cover chronic illness treatments in 90 year old people.
Aldan

Postby mavrick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:34 pm

There's a waiting list for donated organs.
First come, first served.
It's based on best physical match, period.
That's how it works.

As a dry alcoholic, I don't deserve a liver transplant? So it doesn't matter that I've straightened out my life, that I'm a single parent to a 6 year old little boy that if I die he will be an orphan.

See, this is why there's a list.
It keeps doctors from playing God.
mavrick

Postby Leonce » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 pm

You are so wrong about all of this and you will see a large rise in mortality rates in this country over the next five years as more and more hospitals close there ER and there doors meaning that those involved in car accidents and other things will die while en-route to that location because of the distance being traveled. But keep up the BS I can only hope your are the first to experience those things.
Leonce

Postby Etlelooaat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 pm

If you asked, most people would say that 90 year old should get what he wants, and Dick Cheney deserved the heart he got even if there was a younger candidate in better health that maybe didn't have as good insurance. Most Americans don't want to think there are hard decisions to be made until they are stuck trying to decide if life or their definition of health is worth pursuing at any cost. It is too much reality to think about those kinds of issues for most Americans.
Etlelooaat

Return to Health & Medical Insurance