Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Please Help Me ..is This Job At Couriernet Worth It?? Points Earned Here?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Postby Buckly » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:20 am

I just got a job as an independent contractor delivery driver for a company called couriernet located in greenville south carolina in the US. I am going to have to get an upgrade in my car insurance which will cost me an extra $32 a month. I will mainly be delivering pharmaceuticals using my own car. It is a 24 hour operation in which I basically make my own hours since I will be an independent contractor...but I dont really know what the pay is off hand since the pay is set per job but it is a professional looking office with several different locations throughout the southeast.

I did read an online complaint that someone filed against them stating that they laid out $300 in gas to deliver packages all over and only got $100 from them and kept getting the run around regarding their other pay and warned people not to work for them...but of course who knows who even wrote that.

Anyway, if someone can please tell me if they know anything about the company before I upgrade my insurance and pay for the DMV report that I need to get i would really appreciate it! I don't want to waste my money if this is a rip off of a job. Or maybe someone has some knowledge as to this kind of work and if the job is worth it.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Buckly

Postby Goodwin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Why would you accept a contract job that does not spell out the amount or method of pay for your services and use of your car.
They should be able to show you a schedule of the rates for different pickups and drop offs.
Use of your personal vehicle should be paid at or near 57 cents per mile plus you need to earn at least $8 p/hr(federal minimum wage) for your time.
If they can not or will not clarify this ,I would pass on the job.
Also if you are a considered an independent contractor, you will have to pay state and federal income tax out of the money you are given and will not be eligible for any benefits such as workers comp insurance or unemployment.
Good Luck
Goodwin

Postby Webb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 am

Couriernet
Webb

Return to Car Insurance