Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Please Help Me.. I Know My Question Is Long But I Need Some Good Advice. ?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby Body » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Im 21 years old and I'm a student and I work part time. I live with parents and my younger sibling.
My father is very controlling and verbally abusive. He controls everything everyone does in the house. And he is verbally and physically abusive towards my mother. I have to ask for permission to go places, even if Im just going down the street to the grocery store I need permission from dad. My mother also has to let my dad know where she is going when she leaves the house, even if were just going out shopping.
my dad says he needs to know every store that we go to and we need to call him when we get to each store.
And during the week when I'm home alone whenever I need to leave the house for something I have to call my dad and let him know where I'm going. So I told him just a month ago that I was planning to move out and he flipped out and said that if I left I would be abandoning my younger sibling and that I would lose my realtionship with him as my father.
Is this normal for a 21 year old girl to be treated this way?? And should I continue to live with my dads rules and be unhappy or should pack my things start over and have a better life for myself? P.S there are a few reasons why I'm still at home because I'm scared of losing my brother, I don't want to leave my mom with this crazy man, and if I leave my dad said he would take my car. P.S.S I pay for most my expenses food, car, gas, car insurance, and school. My dad only pays for my Heath insurance and phone.
Body

Postby caledvwich82 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm

no this issnt right nobody should live ike that your dad needs some serious help yall as a family need to intervene an tell him to get osme help or all of yall are leaving how old is your brother if hes of age an still in school take him with you keep him in school an if your mom wants to stay in that kind of living enviroment well thats her i klnw you love her but you guys deserve a klife to an what yall have isnt one, yall need to stand up to him big time..
caledvwich82

Postby huntley » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:18 am

I DEFINETLY don't think you should live like that!!! That's awful! I think you should tell someone about the abuse for sure and move the crap outta there!
huntley

Return to Life Insurance