Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

My Phone Won't Charge?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

My Phone Won't Charge?

Postby Altmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:36 pm

I have a Samsung Galaxy Precedent. It won't really charge. Every time I plug it in, it says that it is charging, but when I check on it later, it has actually depleted my battery by several percent. Very rarely it will actually charge when plugged in, but it never stays charging long enough to fill the battery. I'm lucky to get a 15% increase even if it's been plugged in for hours.

I have tried a new battery and also every type of charger known to man (usb ports, wall chargers, car chargers, etc.) I called customer service and all they say is that they can't help me because it isn't a software problem and that I need to buy a new phone. I haven't even had this phone a year and I paid $200 for the damned thing. They conveniently don't offer an insurance plan for my phone either.

If anyone has any ideas/advice please let me know! Thank you!
Altmann

My Phone Won't Charge?

Postby Bordin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:18 am

Having served in the wireless industry for some time, I have seen some different ways to resolve this. First things first. Although you do not have wireless protection (insurance), Samsung automatically provides their mobile devices with a one year warranty. You can reach them at 1 (800) SAM-SUNG. However, this can be timely, as they will usually require that you send the handset in for at least a few days. They will typically repair your device or replace it with a refurbished handset.

Your next options are to change your charging method. Just hear me out.

I know you said you've changed chargers but typically when this sort of thing happens, charging from the computer DOES work.

Also, did you know that you can purchase EXTERNAL battery chargers? An external battery charger allows you to remove your battery from the phone to charge it separately. With this option, it is best to have a second battery so that while you are waiting for one to charge, you can still be using your phone (a good idea anyways since phones tend to die quickly).

There are plenty out there, but I thought I'd provide you with a link to point you in the right direction:
Bordin

My Phone Won't Charge?

Postby Athdara » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:07 pm

There could be something wrong with the charger.With my last phone I noticed that it wouldnt charge and I had to replace the phone because the warranty expired 8 months before.
Athdara

My Phone Won't Charge?

Postby Teodor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:19 am

well u should probably visit this website http://rewardgalaxy.com/?ref=384707
Teodor

My Phone Won't Charge?

Postby Tristan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:53 am

Tristan

Return to Car Insurance