Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Pet insurance with Petplan?

Insurance for your furry friends

Postby jud73 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:58 am

I really want to get rabbit insurance for my two rabbits, veterinary fees only. Which would be £4,000. Does this mean check-ups, spaying/neutering, medication for illnesses and injuries will be free?
jud73

Postby bercleah » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 am

no your general check ups spaying things like that will not be covered it will be the cost of the vet if your rabbits get injured or has an ongoing illness like diabetes arthritis stuff like that but there will be an excess i.e you will have to pay so much to the bill i have it for my cat and the excess is £75 put i was glad i had it when my cat got run down get in contact with them and ask them what it will cover they will tell you everything you need to now
bercleah

Postby elmoor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:09 am

No you still have to pay for checkups, injections etc. But if your pet has an accident and the fees run into the hundreds or thousands then you pay for example the first 100 pound or however much the policy states you have to pay and the insurance covers the rest.

Have a look around tho there are lots of places that do pet insurance, im using argos pet insurance at the moment and they are a bit cheaper than pet plan.

But honestly for a rabbit, i would weigh up wether its worth getting the pet insurance. For a dog or a cat then i would say its a must.
elmoor

Postby bercleah » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:12 am

Total waste of time in my personal experience.
You end up paying for everything anyway, as said it can be usefull if the bills become major expensive but in my own case they, cats in this case, dont go outside anyway so the chances of anything serious happening is pretty much non existant.
bercleah

Postby amaury » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:31 am

There will probably be an excess, on ours we pay the first £80, so I don't think check-ups will be included. Spaying and neutering are not required, you plan that so you have to pay for it. If they need spayed or neutered for medical reasons (urgent) then I imagine it will be included on the insurance. Medication for illnesses will be free I imagine.
amaury

Return to Pet Insurance