Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Pet insurance help, what sort of cover do I need?

Insurance for your furry friends

Postby matherson » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 pm

I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. They were insured around 5 years ago but as they were very rarely ill I cancelled them all and just paid the vets fees when needed. Now they're getting older and problems can be more serious I'd like to insure them again to be on the safe side.

I have tried a few comparison sites but I can't really work out the level of cover necessary. If you could advise on what cover is needed and any decent companies that would be great. Also some say they only cover for £2000/3000/4000 worth of treatment, how much should I be looking at for a serious operation. I generally only spend £20-£200 per visit so am not sure what the serious stuff costs. They are all chipped and vaccinations are up to date. Their details are as follows;

Goblin - female spayed, jack russel cross, 10 years old, has had leg problems. The vet thinks it's possibly the onset of arthritis.

Elvis - male not neutered (husband won't allow it), spaniel cross, 8 years old, no health problems.

Arthur - male neutered, domestic cat, 6 years old, no health problems.

Foxy - male neutered, domestic cat, 6 years old, is inbred with mother and brother. Seems to have a bad immune system and is always at the vets for simple things other cats could fight off. He also spends 90% of his time outside.

Thank you.
matherson

Postby phelps41 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 pm

According to Consumers Reports, pet insurance is not worth the money. What they suggest is to figure out how much money you can set aside each month and put it into a "dedicated" savings account at the bank.

Me… kittyslave23… I know my place.
phelps41

Postby dasco » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:10 pm

It's depends on your age and where you live as well, type of car, etc. I would shop insurance coverage online and get quotes from various insurance companies. Try a reputable site like:

www.mycheapinsurance.net
dasco

Return to Pet Insurance