Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Other Than The Requirement That You Have Health Insurance, What Else Do You Oppose In The New Health Care Law?

All discussions relating to Business Insurance and Business Finance

Other Than The Requirement That You Have Health Insurance, What Else Do You Oppose In The New Health Care Law?

Postby Fahyim » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Please be specific.

Do you oppose the idea that insurance companies won't be able to deny you for a pre-existing condition?

Do you oppose the idea that if you get cancer, your insurance company won't be able to stop covering you after you've had a million dollars worth of charges?

Do you oppose the idea that young people just starting out in the workforce (who many times take jobs that do not offer health insurance, or the company only offers it to employees that have been with the company for a year) can stay on their parents' policy?

Do you oppose the idea that small businesses can get tax credits to pay for health insurance for their employees?
Fahyim

Postby Adalrik » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 am

Great question! Have a star.

To answer your question, for me, nothing.
But that is because I am aware of the facts about the reforms and the need for them.

FACT - Insurance companies in the USA admit to pushing up prices, buying politicians and not paying out claims when they should

FACT - PER PERSON the USA spends more on healthcare than any other nation on the planet

FACT - Obama debated his plans before the election for healthcare

FACT - the chance of a child under five of dying in the USA is greater than industrialised nations with universal healthcoverage

FACT - Obama was elected by the American people to bring in change

FACT - Obama wants to stop insurance companies from screwing the American people

FACT - The reforms Obama wants work in the Netherlands and in Switzerland

Now, unlike other posters here, I can back up my facts with evidence. For those who are interested in the evidence, click on the links below. Of course, many who are against making the health of America better refuse to look at the links, or provide evidence to back up what they say.
Adalrik

Postby Jamieson » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:57 am

I don't like the fact that we still have multiple insurance companies which drives up costs through redundant services.

I also think more regulation of pharmaceuticals was necessary - i.e eliminate advertising of presciption drugs and make generic drugs come to market sooner
Jamieson

Postby jonathon73 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:53 am

The cost and poorer care. Peace
jonathon73

Postby Cormac » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:50 pm

I oppose the fiction that insuring 30 million more people will save us money, LOL.
I oppose the 28% increase in my premiums to accommodate Obama care and the trillions more left to my children and grandchildren. I oppose spending money we don't have. I oppose increasing my credit card limits to buy something I can't afford. I oppose funding Union early retirement to the tune of 5 billion dollars, hidden in the 2700 pages of a bill Nancy Pelosi asked us to pass then read. I oppose back room deals and I oppose forcing the American people to accept something they did not want. Otherwise I think we need something.
Cormac

Postby Chadwick » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:37 am

I don't oppose it.

Republicans also said that people wouldnt like Medicare when it was passed either. But you don't see senior citizens passing petitions to have Medicare repealed or to put them on 100% private health insurance.
Chadwick

Postby Dalan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:47 am

OKAY as you asked them:

Do you oppose the idea that insurance companies won't be able to deny you for a pre-existing condition? No but you should expect to pay a higher premium since metaphorically you wouldn't expect car insurance to pay for your bad driver-caused wrecked car at the same rate a good driver with a new car does.
Sorry they are sick but nor should the taxpayer; it's called "life happens"! Government wasn't enacted to erradicate "life"...

Do you oppose the idea that if you get cancer, your insurance company won't be able to stop covering you after you've had a million dollars worth of charges? This has and will be done through cost benefit analysis applied through the Complete Lives System of "quality-adjusted life year" and cost utility analysis".
Does it make sense to give an expensive heart transplant to someone who it will only die a month later so will not benefit from it? Worse if the quality of life is made worse by the operation itself...
Once again, in "life" people do die; government cannot change this fact.
Neither will spending trillions...

Do you oppose the idea that young people just starting out in the workforce (who many times take jobs that do not offer health insurance, or the company only offers it to employees that have been with the company for a year) can stay on their parents' policy? Yes I do since most employers left to their own designs have some form of low-cost health/dental care insurance available to it's workers.
But then if Obamacare is so great for the employer, why are so many, esp. those who supported the plan, being granted waivers to opt-out?

Do you oppose the idea that small businesses can get tax credits to pay for health insurance for their employees? They already do but what you fail to mention is how Obamacare taxes these "benefits" as "earned income"! I submit that my healthcare is not improved by the hiring of thousands of IRS workers everyone disclaims as a "right wing scare tactic yet listed as a "saving" by it's stoppage in the budget compromise:
Dalan

Postby Dany » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Other than in prevents individual freedom.
I encouraged the government to collect medical data on individuals to be use by politicians for ruthless purposes.
It is not an insurance.
It does not address health concern.

It provides no incentives to individuals to stay healthy.
Medicine like a "confession" must be practiced as far away as possible from the government.
Dany

Postby Crossland » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 am

i oppose the fact that it didn't do what was specificied that is to bring health care costs down. you can't add 30 million to the rolls, give subsidies if they can't afford it and save money. if this is such a wonderful plan why all the waivers to union buddies? why did they have to buy votes with bribes? this bill will lead to a lower quality of care, waiting lines and govt. deciding whether you're entitled to an operation based on age. look at canada and the u.k. for examples. this is just an excuse to expand govt. and take away more of our freedoms.
Crossland

Postby Luxovious » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Please be specific.

Do you oppose the idea that insurance companies won't be able to deny you for a pre-existing condition?

Do you oppose the idea that if you get cancer, your insurance company won't be able to stop covering you after you've had a million dollars worth of charges?

Do you oppose the idea that young people just starting out in the workforce (who many times take jobs that do not offer health insurance, or the company only offers it to employees that have been with the company for a year) can stay on their parents' policy?

Do you oppose the idea that small businesses can get tax credits to pay for health insurance for their employees?
Luxovious

Return to Business Insurance