Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Online message you have been denied unemployment benefits pa?

Unemployment Insurance and Employment Discussion

Postby hania82 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:58 am

I have a question and i only want SERIOUS REPLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I recently filed for unemployment benefits back on 8/18. up until 9/2 i got the message that there was an issue with my claim. This morning I get the message that my initial claim has been processed and that I should file my bi-weekly claims. My question is if unemployment has been denied, what would the message say online on the website? Also, I know that my initial claim has been processed, does this mean I will begin to receive benefits. Only answer if you know about pa unemployment insurance, I have read some previous answers to other people's questions and it made no sense what so ever. Thanks for you help!
hania82

Postby darius » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:02 am

Dear D: I am not familiar with PA but I have had experience with several states and the best thing you can do is contact the State Dept of Labor either in person or by phone. Ask and they are obligated to tell you what is going on in your case. Make sure you can document all of your past employment history etc. If a claim is denied you will receive a message that, in plain english says so. You should also get a reason or reason code.

This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided. Click on my profile to read more. Errol Quinn Enrolled Agent
darius

Postby columbanus » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 am

i live in PA, are you sure the message from unemployment benefits pa? because they don't work on Saturdays, anyway if they say an issue with your claim, that mean they will not pay you. go to their office ASAP, and try to fix your problem face to face, it will take 15 min or less. dont call because they will not answer you.
columbanus

Postby gifuhard » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 am

If the message this morning said my initial claim has been processed and that I should file my bi-weekly claims.
Your next step should be to do it or use your phone if you are in doubt or have any questions that you need to get the direct correct information from your local UI office in Georgia.
How do I file my biweekly claim?
The best way to file your biweekly claim is online from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday, and 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You also can file by phone by using the automated PA Teleclaims, or PAT, system. Call 1-888-255-4728 (TTY services for the deaf and hard of hearing: 1-888-411-4728), from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday, and 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. If your Social Security number ends in an even number, call on Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday. If it ends in an odd number, call on Monday, Wednesday or Friday.

Click here to learn more about how to file your biweekly claim.
gifuhard

Return to Unemployment Insurance