Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Obamacare Going Into Effect Q's?

All discussions relating to Business Insurance and Business Finance

Postby Ordland » Mon May 22, 2017 6:34 pm

The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare these days, will go into effect fully on January 1, 2014. What kind of impacts Obamacare will have and even what the law actually says are still hotly debated to this day. Republicans say one thing and Democrats another thing about the healthcare reform bill, so I remain unsure about whether it is going to be hell or awesome as the debate has been framed. I haven?t read the bill and the law hasn?t fully gone into effect. For now until 2014, this will be a wait and see game for me like it is for many Americans.

Here is the first part of my question. After the ACA goes fully into effect, will a concensus arise on both sides of the aisle on which party had been right all along about it? If a concensus on the law will inevitably happen, how many days, weeks, or months would it approximately take for that general consensus to arise after the effects and impacts on Obamacare are seen? Would it happen before the 2014 Midterm elections? Republicans and Democrats have been arguing about whether or not Obamacare would cause doctor shortages, affect people?s freedom of religion, affect healthcare costs and benefits, affect businesses and full time positions, affect the Middle Class by the law?s taxes if there are any, affect the economy in a negative or positive way, etc.

Now to the second part of my question?.Let?s say a consensus arises and that consensus would be that Republicans were right all along on ACA, just for the sake of the question. Would the Affordable Care Act be repealed as easily as any other law if enough support arises for that to happen or would it be a law that would become very difficult if not impossible to repeal given whatever the nature and structure of the law is even if enough support would arise in Washington and nationwide for repeal? If repeal were to happen, how long would it approximately take before a repeal would take into effect?
Ordland

Postby Fleming » Wed May 24, 2017 11:54 pm

VERY good question, Will. (Though unanswerable), Still I will give it a try.

#1 People with no money were treated in America BEFORE Obamacare. The doctors are actually sworn NOT to refuse you care. Many hospitals and insurance companies, however, gave (and still give) the runaround to many of those most in need.

I feel that the whole thing is more an attempt at a national identity card and a forced compliance (under the guise of well-meaning medical coverage ), and (as you mentioned) further loss of both political freedom -is there any left?- and religious (and personal) authority over one's own life and well being, as well as medical decisions, as related to a life of faith. (They will probably end up forcing you to take a transfusion if you don't want one, allowing you free abortion but laying no bar on assisted suicide. all laid out unalterably in the by-laws of the plan.)

In Brave New World the people who didn't want their "Soma" plan of painless medicine, had only the recourse to go into fenced in reservations with Indians ("Native" Americans. aren't we all?) and oddly enough Christians. Apparently Huxley was perceptive enough to see the connection so many years ago.

There's a lot more to all this than meets the eye! The Republicans don't have the answer either, though!

PS. Your writing and articulation has gotten SO much better. BRAVO!
Fleming

Postby Thornley » Thu May 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Obamacare will never be repealed, which is why the GOP fought it so hard.
As it goes into effect and people find out how much they like it, they will demand to keep it.
Thornley

Postby burhdon95 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:23 am

Much of it is already. Im so happy.
burhdon95

Return to Business Insurance