Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Man Busted Selling Fake Insurance Policies!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Is Obama's health care law gonna make me pay for health insurance if I only make $10,000 a year?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Is Obama's health care law gonna make me pay for health insurance if I only make $10,000 a year?

Postby carson97 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:59 pm

I hope he isn't going to make me pay for health insurance when I'm in the poverty level. That would be a bunch of crap. Making people that make over $20,000 a year pay for insurance , I'm all for that, but not some poor bastards that are barely getting by as it is. Am I going to be forced to buy health insurance?
carson97

Postby glinyeu52 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:06 pm

I hope he isn't going to make me pay for health insurance when I'm in the poverty level. That would be a bunch of crap. Making people that make over $20,000 a year pay for insurance , I'm all for that, but not some poor bastards that are barely getting by as it is. Am I going to be forced to buy health insurance?
Apparently you are unaware that each state will have an insurance exchange to offer low cost basic health plans in 2014. You get a tax credit subsidy depending on your income. If you are low income you may have a hardship exemption. Since you are single and under $15,000 in income you will qualify for Medicaid in 2014 if your state accepts the funding for it.

But if you dont buy insurance and pay the tax penalty, do you expect to see a doctor or go to a hospital for free? That is the current problem. The hospitals then bill the taxpayers for some of that, plus they increase the cost of their services which is passed on to higher rates for insured people. Thats why insurance is so high.

Links to the obamacare website and timelines for provisions
glinyeu52

Postby beaumont93 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:11 pm

You think $20,000 a year is sufficient to pay for health insurance. That could bring that income down to to $14,000 if it's for a couple with two children. You truly showed you are only thinking about yourself. These people will have to pay for your medical care and if you are female, your contraception and abortions. At $10,000 you are already getting food stamps, assistance with housing and help from faith based churches but Obama is putting a stop to that. Obama knocked the feet out from under you on that one.

If Obamacare goes through plan to spend between two to four hours sitting in a doctor's office, being seen by a nurse and shuffled through like sheep. This is after months to get an appointment with a doctor. If you need anything but a check up plan to wait for the U.S. government's gate to decide if they feel you really need that care prescribed by the doctor.

Open up your heart and start thinking about someone besides yourself.
beaumont93

Postby ascot » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Everyone has to pay even if you don't want or need insurance. Its not a good thing that is certain. The corrupt supreme court upheld the unconstitutional law, unfortunately. The law is unconstitutional because it violates religious freedom and forces the public to purchase health care or pay a fine which is now considered a tax. Anyway we will now see rationing of healthcare and the costs are going up. Welcome to communism.
ascot

Postby alphonsus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:27 pm

That all depends on if you live in one of the Republican states who is refusing to implement it. In Texas, Arizona and a few others where the Republicans are refusing to implement the changes to Medicaid yes, you will be required. In the rest of the states you will now be able to get Medicaid instead of buying insurance.
alphonsus

Postby arndell76 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:32 pm

So if you break your arm it is up to the rest of us to pay your emergency room bill.....

Affordable Health Insurance? Regulate the corrupt Insurance companies so you can afford it?
arndell76

Postby chizkia57 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Jack - just remember, it's called "the affordable heath care act" and yes, you will be forced to pay and hit with a tax if you don't, and it will cost more than your current premiums do and the service won't be nearly as good.
chizkia57

Postby jaye74 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Obamacare expands Medicaid to cover the 'near poor'. So you will get a govt. voucher to help you buy insurance. I'm not sure what the limits are, but the whole idea is to put health care in the reach of more people.
jaye74

Postby leon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:50 pm

That was the whole point. Aren't you glad you didn't pay attention and voted for the guy who screwed you? Now wait until your utilities bill skyrockets so he can pacify his tree hugger lobby
leon

Postby aethelbeorht » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 pm

$10,000 is below the poverty line you quailfy for govt health care.
aethelbeorht

Next

Return to Health & Medical Insurance