Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

MY NEPHEW NEEDS HELP. . HE IS SUICIDAL .?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby erich » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:36 am

My 21 year old nephew was completely normal but started acting strange about six months ago. when i saw him yesterday i was horrified. He has severe ocd, he's depressed, repeats himself, stares into the mirror and lost a ton of weight. He had hit his dad (my brother) and before I talked with him I almost felt like he needed to be put in some type of mental hospital to stop him from hitting my brother. I pulled him aside yesterdy. He opened up to me. . somewhat. He definately has mental issues because he thinks his hair is thinning because he is blaming himself that he smoked weed once and right after that he started to get sick. He thinks this drug made his hair thin and gave him acne. His hair and skin are fine . But I got more out of the story. His older brother is pysically and emotionally attacking him out of frustration that he is tormenting his dad and forcing his dad to be with him 24/7 and take him out to a diner every night. . and my brother sits there waiting hours for him to eat. My brother looks terrible from the stress of this and also losing his job recently after working there 14 years...thus no health insurance. I offered to talk to his brother (who is a druggy) but my nephew is afraid his older brother will take it out on him if I do. I don't know what to do...I made calls today and found a free mental health clinic but when i mentioned it to my brother i didn't hear back. I am worried. My brother threatened to take his own life because he is so stressed from all of his kids giving him trouble and now losing his job. My nephew and my brother will die if something doesnt change, but if I approach my older nephew he will take it out on my sick nephew. please help
erich

Postby curtis57 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:43 am

Then call 911!
Otherwise get him to therapy! At 21 you would need to support him getting away from the abusive situation.
curtis57

Postby galen21 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:49 am

My first question is therre a mother around at all? But I would defitnally take up the offer on the free clinic! Get together with your bro and just talk if all possible. Talk things through and try to have him open up to you. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK, LOVE , and HEALING FOR YOUR FAMILY!
galen21

Return to Health & Medical Insurance