Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I Need To See A Doctor But I Have No Insurance?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby Anglesey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:53 pm

My left has started to hurt me every month since november 2011 a few weeks after my period. I get sharp pains in mainly one of them. I'm 16 and I did a self examination and I really have no idea if I'm feeling lumps just a whole bunch of weird things. I'm scared because I have no insurance, I just keep crying. I don't think I have no history of cancer in my family. I'm very afraid, life is can be so sad and scary and some I get spasms. I really don't know what to do.
Anglesey

Postby Stephenson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 am

You need to tell your parents or guardian. I had a problem similar to the bumps not the spasms last year and it took me a month to muster up the courage to tell my mom. I suggest telling a female about it....it is easier especially since they have the same organs as us. you know something is out of place and you do need help. depending on where you live there are doctors that don't need insurance. like in Sc they have churches that do it, and little volunteer buildings that doctors with degrees go to on their off days.
I wish you luck!
Stephenson

Postby ignacio » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Is there a free clinic in your area?

It's unlikely to be cancer.
Go get help and stop being scared.

Good Luck.
ignacio

Postby Geronimo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:13 pm

If there are no lumps I doubt you have anything to worry about. Since you are only 16 your breasts are not finished developing and sometimes they can cause you pain or discomfort. The fact that you said that it happens every month a couple of weeks after your period confirms this in my opinion. Your hormones are on a cycle (they are what cause your periods and your breast development) and when they come around to that part of the cycle every month you feel pain. You may have also noticed that your breasts will appear slightly bigger/fuller during certain parts of your cycle---same concept. It's just hormonal fluctuations.

Now, if this has done nothing to alleviate your fears you can go to the doctor without insurance. You just have to be willing to pay the whole doctor bill--usually up front. However, you can also go to your local health department. In most cases they will administer a pap smear and/or breast exams for little or no cost. The one that I went to based the amount of your bill off of your monthly income--the less you made the less you had to pay. I never had to pay anything and I was 19 and working full time. Fret not, there are always options. And don't ever let having no insurance keep you from going to the doctor! It is better to owe them money and pay them back in time than to get sick. Although, like I said, you don't really have anything to worry about here.
Geronimo

Postby Garanwyn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:09 am

Go to the emergency room at the women and childrens hospital in your area. They will see you regardless of your insurance disposition. Emergency rooms cannot turn down anyone. Seek out the nearest one to your location or go to a walk in clinic for low income.
Garanwyn

Postby Ixaka » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 am

If you are deemed to have an emergency situation, you can get ER care regardless of wheter you can pay, but at this point in time that doesnt seem to be the case. But seriously, how can your parents not have health insurance for you? Tell them straight up: get me to a doctor or you may lose me. At that point they'll either have to cover the visit or, if you think you have the time, get a no examination short-term health insurance plan. it would take a few days to kick in, but once it did you could get checked out, and if an emergency arises in the meantime, the ER CANNOT by law deny you treatment. hope that helps. also if they could not keep up with the payments you could terminate the plan aftr

Best Wishes,

Zach
Ixaka

Return to Life Insurance