Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Need Individual Health Plan I Have An Individual Plan. Does My Insurer Have To Extend Coverage To My Adult Child?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Need Individual Health Plan I Have An Individual Plan. Does My Insurer Have To Extend Coverage To My Adult Child?

Postby Dallin » Fri May 02, 2014 10:51 am

Need Individual Health Plan

I Have An Individual Plan. Does My Insurer Have To Extend Coverage To My Adult Child?
Dallin

Postby Garin » Thu May 29, 2014 7:59 am

Ask your insurer.He will give you an individual insurance plan for your child at a concessional rate!
Garin

Postby Julien » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:43 pm

There are specialized child plans that allow you to make your child the nominee and let him enjoy the benefit of insurance policy. you may opt for an extension if your insurance provider has such an option.
Julien

Postby Ally » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:07 pm

This is an interesting question because lots of consumers confuse an individual health plan with a family health plan. However, there is no provision in federal law for extending coverage to a young adult under an individual plan. http://www.hcentive.com
Ally

Return to Health & Medical Insurance