Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I Need Health Insurance I Want Medcaid But Have No Kids My Parents Have Too Expensive Insurance Help!!?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

I Need Health Insurance I Want Medcaid But Have No Kids My Parents Have Too Expensive Insurance Help!!?

Postby Lex » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:31 am

Your school probably offers medical insurance for students. Check with them.

Or if not ...
even as a college student, you ought to be able to find a job that will pay you a few hundred dollars a month. Help them out by paying for part of your own policy.

And remember -- it will cost them a great deal more than $500 a month if you get seriously ill or hurt and they have to pay all your medical bills because you're uninsured.
Lex

Postby Hinto » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:17 pm

I recommend one to try this website where you can compare quotes from the best companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index....

RE :I need health insurance i want medcaid but have no kids my parents have too expensive insurance help!!?

im in college and i am 19 and in Texas and Female. If i got on my parents it would be 500.00 a month more and i hate for them to pay that also i have extreme adhd and mild depression and my ADHD is alot like 200.00 a month. What should i do?

Update: Do you think medicaid would accept me? i am working but not much as i used to i literally make at least 200.00 a month i live with my sister since i am in college. i was making like 400.00 every two weeks

Update 2: My College doesnt have insurance. Its a community College.

Yeah i agree if i get seriously hurt or ill i need that insurance

Follow 4 answers
Hinto

Postby Waylin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:55 pm

I suggest you to visit this web site where you can compare quotes from the best companies: http://INSUREQUOTE.US/index.html?src=5YA...

RE :I need health insurance i want medcaid but have no kids my parents have too expensive insurance help!!?

im in college and i am 19 and in Texas and Female. If i got on my parents it would be 500.00 a month more and i hate for them to pay that also i have extreme adhd and mild depression and my ADHD is alot like 200.00 a month. What should i do?

Update: Do you think medicaid would accept me? i am working but not much as i used to i literally make at least 200.00 a month i live with my sister since i am in college. i was making like 400.00 every two weeks

Update 2: My College doesnt have insurance. Its a community College.

Yeah i agree if i get seriously hurt or ill i need that insurance

Follow 6 answers
Waylin

Postby Avshalom » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:46 pm

If you are considered a dependent of your parents, then its unlikely you'll qualify for Medicaid. If you are totally living on your own, then you could apply for Medicaid (and even food stamps). Unfortunately,

local governments are trying to save money, rather than take in new clients that will cost them more.

You could easily get an accident and sickness policy, separate cancer policy, and hospital income coverage through a company like Colonial Penn.
Avshalom

Postby Darwyn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:27 am

Texas flat out doesn't offer welfare health insurance to able bodied adults.
Period.

So, no, you won't get medicaid, unless you get knocked up - and then, you'll only get it while you are pregnant, so it' snot exactly a long term solution.
Let your parents add both you AND YOUR SISTER to the policy.
They'll only have to pay the family plan rate once, no matter HOW MANY family members they add on.
Darwyn

Postby Stowe » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:26 am

Medicaid almost never accepts anyone who is not either under 19 or 65 or older than 65, does not have children, and is not disabled or pregnant.

If you can collect disability benefits because of having depression, then medicaid will probably accept you, because of being disabled.
If you do not meet the legal definition of disabled, then medicaid will probably not accept you

In either case, you should get the insurance from your parents, regardless of cost.
I have no idea why you would want medicaid when there is another option.
Medicaid is some of the worst insurance available.
Stowe

Return to Health & Medical Insurance