Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Must Father Purchase Medicare Part B?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Must Father Purchase Medicare Part B?

Postby Tohopka » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:23 pm

That is truly unfortunate that I've to ask these issues, since I have used to market medicare products! I have not in over per year or so also itis incredible just how much I've overlooked. And so I am hoping somebody on here might help me out with this.
Our parents are going to continue medicare. They both have various circumstances and that I am uncertain what to inform all of them to complete. My father has Virginia. He'd heart-surgery of a year-ago and it included 100%. He gets his medication through Virginia likewise also itis very affordable. Therefore he's excellent protection today. Our issue with him is must he purchase Part B of medicare or must he proceed without? Does he actually require it, using the protection he's today? Itis likely to be type of a pressure in it to own to pay for an additional 96.40 per month. But when he wants it-they may move it. I actually do recall after I used to market mediterranean supps and occasions I'd encounter males within the same circumstances and so they stated they went without. Additionally, if he moves without it today, plus one changes as time goes by to wherever he wants it, may he need to pay a fee?
Now to my mother. She's still working and it has insurance through her work. She'll continue medicare This Might. She will probably work with the remainder of the year. Must she go right ahead and participate n of medicare or delay till she retires. Additionally, if she waits, may she obtain the fee? Like I mentioned, it's incredible just how much I've overlooked. I do want to let them know equally not to have it, but I simply wish to ensure that may be the correct thing in order for them to do. Sorry that is such a long time and thanks to anybody who are able to help.
Tohopka

Should Dad Pay For Medicare Part B?

Postby Emiliano » Mon May 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Thank you everyone for the replies! To answer some of your questions, my mom works at a bank with about 23 employees.
She does not know much about her coverage.
I told her to find out when she goes back into work.
(She is off for today at least because of the snow.)
Emiliano

Postby pruet75 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:14 am

Also, very important. Make sure your mothers Insurance through her work doesn't change at 65 to work with Medicare.

A lot of employer type coverages will turn into a supplemental type coverage at 65 rather then a major medical. It's certainly more cost effective for the employer.

If that is the case and your mom doesn't get part B she might as well have no health coverage because supplement coverage pays secondary to medicare.
pruet75

Postby Wulffrith » Sun May 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bkd87

Should she go ahead and take part b of medicare or wait until she retires.

How large is the employer she works for? Over 20 ee's, or, under 20 ee's?
Wulffrith

Postby Hob » Mon May 19, 2014 11:14 pm

I called Medicare just two weeks ago with a situation just like your dads.
I felt certain I knew the answer but it never hurts to double check.
I don't run into this situation very often.

Your dad does not have to take Part B unless he wants to go to doctors or hospitals that are not VA ones.
However, like Gordon, I have a lot of vets who also have a Med Supp.
Most of them want the flexibility of being able to select their doctors and hospitals especially if the live a good distance from VA doctors and hospitals or if they travel a lot.
He will still retain the option of going to VA doctors and hospitals and getting his drugs from the VA if he takes a Med Supp.

Your mother, on the other hand, may be better off dropping her group coverage and take Part B and a Med Supp especially since we are only talking about a few months as opposed to years.
In a lot cases I find that the premium for a Med Supp is quite a bit less than the cost of the group coverage and she will not be limited to network doctors and hospitals.

If she doesn't take Part B when she is eligible and delays it she needs to be aware that she will have to apply for Part B well in advance of the date she plans to retire.
However, she will not have to pay a penalty.

There are really too many unknowns at this point to give good advice for your mother without more information.
She needs to check with Medicare about the timing of enrolling in Part B at a later date.
Hob

Postby Fitzgilbert » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:20 am

When I realize it, your Father will have to apply for component W if he's outdated, otherwise he can't maintain his Tricare/Virginia coverage.<br />
Mother may delay on component T till pension, and at that time she'll have an ten (8) month screen by which to use t/e penalty.
Fitzgilbert

Postby Berty » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:47 am

Depending on the size of the employer, the mother may be forced to enroll in Part B.
Berty

Postby Bemot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:01 pm

The sole different factor that'sn't been described when it comes to losing an organization strategy may be the Component D Donut hole. In case your mother is in a healthy body and requires not many medicines, there must be no concerns. Nevertheless, if you will find costly medicines that she's obtained...it's very feasible the team strategy might offer an amazing quantity of savings of this type (based on her quality, etc.).
Bemot

Postby Bastion » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Also if you your dad does decide to purchase part b of Medicare and his income is low enough the state might pay that premium for him.
Bastion

Postby Quent » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Your father is just a private choice. Yes, if he enrolls on component W later he'll possess a fee. I've a large number of VA'ers which have A/W along with a complement due the the trouble of Virginia and also the improved need from the decade of battle in Irag/Afgan. If he like a great program where he's, may endure delays, etc. then more capacity to him.<br />
Appreciate him for his service.<br />
Oh yea. If they're moving in this season the component B quality is $115+ not $96.40.<br />
Your mother's scenario is founded on if her present insurance. Although she's working she doesn't have to register. The moment she stops operating she must contact the SS to obtain it likely to not need a penalty.
Quent

Next

Return to Insurance Agents