Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Hi My Mother Has A 4 Stage Her2 Breast Cancer It Spread To The Lungs And In The Blood.?

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

Hi My Mother Has A 4 Stage Her2 Breast Cancer It Spread To The Lungs And In The Blood.?

Postby Hwitloc » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 am

What do you mean it is in her blood?

Did she have a positive bone marrow? That would be very unusual and it would laso mean she does not have long????maybe 9 months.

BTW there is no stage 5.
Hwitloc

Postby Emrys » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Since your mother is stage 4 I would say years remember stage 4 is watch out stage 5 means the bucket will be kicked soon
Emrys

Postby Divers » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:36 am

It is always difficult to estimate how long a patient will live.

Obviosly treatment would give her more time but it is her decision if this is worthwhile.

Her medical team is in the best position to advise a likely time frame.
Divers

Postby Argider » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:09 am

Not wanting to treat it,means she would rather not deal with serious side effects of chemo. Certain berries have been known to kill cancer cells,or slow it down. Type cancer fighting berries on the internet
Argider

Postby wikvaya » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 pm

You poor soul, I think maybe what you need to do is sit down and talk with your mother about this not ask people who have no idea of what you are going through.
You sound very mature and you should hold on to the good memories your mother has given you but talk to her.
Good luck Amber
wikvaya

Postby Caroll » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 am

Very sorry to hear this.
Her doctor may have given her more of a time frame but it's hard for anyone here to say.

BTW, Tamoxifen is an estrogen inhibitor.
It's not going to help her type of cancer, especially at this point.
Caroll

Postby Titus » Wed May 03, 2017 2:04 pm

I feel for you, my mother has ovarian cancer and is in the latter stages right now and also refusing anymore chemo :( she is too weak to have it anyways. Have you heard of Tomoxofen?SP* This is a drug that is for patients with breast cancer and can prolong your mother's life. It is not like Chemo, her hair wont fall out nor will she get sick. Ask her Doctor about it and talk to your mum about it too. With regards to life expectancy no-one can say, my mother with chemo lasted 8yrs, but as I said is in the latter stages now...good luck hun, I really do feel for you x
Titus

Return to Disability Insurance