Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

My.mom Is Very Sick With Diabetes Has Neuropathy And Vision Problems She Has Been Turned Down For Medicaid?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

My.mom Is Very Sick With Diabetes Has Neuropathy And Vision Problems She Has Been Turned Down For Medicaid?

Postby Matheson » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:31 am

I take it you live in America.

For help go to county health clinic.Usually $5 or no pay at all. Depends on income. Also if type 2 here what has to be done forever..

There are 4 key steps to controlling glucose levels :

1) EXERCISE- Walking is fine but Nordic Walking is Great. Exercise also lowers Glucose levels , lowers Cholesterol and lowers Blood Pressure. Google it.Exercise is Non-Negotiable !!!That's why it is Number 1 on the list.

2) Knowledge- http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/index.ph... This is a great site for info

3) Meds. Metformin to start.

4) Diet- A low carb diet is in order. I can't count carbs so I use Mendosa's Glycemic Index Diet. Great for the whole family. http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

With this program you will lose weight. Also this is a great way to eat for the whole family..No more hunting for the right combination.No carb counting. In one week you will know what to eat and what not to eat and how much.

Answers found on Answers may be more accurate that what your doctor tells you.

She will need a referral to an ophthalmologist. Probably needs laser treatment..

If you have a friend that is on welfare , speak to them about how to work the system.. Many places for help often say NO right off the bat. But if you know how to work the system , you get better care than people with insurance or money..

Take care

Ben Trolled
Matheson

Postby Elwold » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Safely Reverse Your Diabetes : http://www.DiabetesGoFar.com/Help
Elwold

Postby Curran » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:35 pm

diabetes no doubt is a life long disease.but to manage it propely need every kind of positive efforts. ayurvedic medicines works wonderfully in diabetes and its complications.but one should go for routine check up and maintain his/her glucose levels.
Curran

Postby Beattie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:24 am

Hi,I think as a old diabetes patien,with the neuropathy and vision problems,sometimes your mother feel painful,and as her family member have much troubles to take care ,i can give you some advises.

1.Blood sugar need long-term and stable control, it wont lead to high blood sugar, continue to damage nerve and fundus lesions.and hypoglycemia can lead to life-threatening conditions.

2.you can abserve the BP and her feet ,avoid infection.

3.take some low-sugar food ,and some green vegetables.

4.Keep good mood .

5.Take the regular medicine.

6.you can use some promtion Chinese herbs to wash her foot ,keep warm water,not too hot.

Good health to your Mom.
Beattie

Postby Gearald » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:31 am

hello friend ,you had better tell your mom you love her,you can take her to some place ,have a good rest ,relax,tell her that all of you are caring her,let her happy,have a good mood ,

Transfer love to your mom.

best wishes to you!mom is great
Gearald

Postby Marcell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:31 am

hi dear friend ,i am sorry to hear your mom has some problems .i think she is just too much worried about her condition ,and she doesn't want to bother you .but she doesn't know ,we are also worried about her ,what we should do is take care of her and tell her ,you are our great mother ,i can not live without you ,i love you mom .Also we should tell her the danger of diabetes ,she will pay attention to her healthy .I think your mom will understand you ,and receive the treatment .

best regards .
Marcell

Postby Frangag » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Buy her insulin and test strips.
Frangag

Postby Addergoole » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:45 am

Answer --> http://DiabetesGoGo.com/?Keud
Addergoole

Postby Nealon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Nealon

Return to Health & Medical Insurance