Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

If Medicare Is Eliminated By Obama-care Will Seniors Have To Buy Insurance Even Though They Have Paid?

Insurance & Special Deals for Seniors

If Medicare Is Eliminated By Obama-care Will Seniors Have To Buy Insurance Even Though They Have Paid?

Postby dekle19 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:32 am

The problem is the unlimited escalated rising cost in health care. It matters little what we do today if the cost of health care doubles in the next 20 yrs. (much like how it closely did the last 20).

This is unlimited capitalism.

Capitalism is supposed to self regulate the market through competition but the consumer pays the price when the competition competes to see who can raise prices the most/fastest. This is collusion and virtually impossible to stop when the magnates in an industry discuss "shop" w/ a wink and a nod at a luncheon.

My payroll deductions paid for others Medicare. I feel it should be there for me.

Let's face it, American society is being victimized by reckless gov spending and unlimited capitalism.

Two of the biggest problems are the economy and health care ... both examples of unlimited capitalism.

Crissake, the billionaire Waltons (Walmart) pay such a paltry wage 40% of their employees qualify for gov assistance at taxpayer expense. So we taxpayers subsidize the Walton greed.

There should be an equation, when one becomes a billionaire pay livable compensation to those that made that happen so the taxpayers don't have to compensate for greed.

Gov can raise the rate of payroll deductions as a means to address the skyrocketing cost of health care/Medicare.

Maybe, when the money never reaches people because so much came out of their check, enough folks will take a closer look how the health care cost increase defies logic unless unethical/illegal practice is considered..

Or maybe we could socialize health care ... like the VA hospital already is or much like much of the rest of the world where there seems to be fewer problems than America.

I think some Americans are unfamiliar w/ how socialized health care works. If one has the money, they have the option to pay for immediate care at the expensive rate. In America, where the cost of health insurance is priced beyond what most of us can afford, we don't have a choice unless we go to the ER where the taxpayers are libel to cover the cost when it exceeds what the patient can pay.

Thus, in some respects, health care is already socialized ... and in some cases, at the highest rate possible.

The outrageous, high cost of health care in America only benefits a select few while the majority suffers ... that's not democracy.
dekle19

Postby Baruch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:12 pm

First we will notice cuts in services. Appropriate treatments will be denied if there is a cheaper way to deal with the problem. Remember when he said, "why not just give them a pill"?

In fact, we will not even be told of the best treatments, even perhaps life saving treatments, or even life extending with Quality treatments.
Baruch

Postby Crowther » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:06 am

I believe that's the whole idea -- legally abscond with what's already been paid and spent (thus "paying" off a part of the deficit) and soaking it to those that buy insurance big time. I can hardly wait to see this mess unfold
Crowther

Postby Ansell » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:22 am

I think they will go by age ,just like on the Soc. Sec. thing at a certain age it is cut out and you will hope you had enough saved up to get you through or be up the creek without a paddle. For those who voted for Obama again you are and will be part of the problem.
Ansell

Postby Cadby » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:11 pm

You remind me of someone...I could be mistaken, but you look exactly like him.
Cadby

Postby Crevan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:08 am

You pay in as long as you are getting a legitimate payroll check from an employer.
Once you retire at 65 years old, you still have to pay a monthly premium which they deduct automatically from your social security benefit check. That is just under $100 per month, not cheap for some seniors who struggle financially. Part D for prescriptions has an average premium of $34.00 per month.

ObamaCare will cut spending on Medicare by 700 Billion $$.
They call it "savings", but it's really cuts.
They will cut payments to providers, which will cause providers to stop treating Medicare people.

Medicare has three parts: Part A, Part B, Part D.
We pay the monthly premium for Part A, which is hospital costs and Part D which is prescription drugs.
There is no charge for Part B, which is doctor office visits, labs, etc, but you do pay a co pay to the provider.
Crevan

Previous

Return to Seniors Insurance