Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Medicaid application question- what to say on forms when you live with boyfriend but he doen't support you?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Medicaid application question- what to say on forms when you live with boyfriend but he doen't support you?

Postby hayym » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm a 28yo ft student that hasn't made a dime since Jan. I'm taking to way many credit hours to work. I got a little fin. aid and had to take out a student loan. I haven't even gotten the check yet, so I'm dead broke and in debt. It's not such a big deal, I've been broke before, I can do it again. The problem is, I need health and dental insurance. Every independent plan including student plans cost atleast $100 a month, I can't afford that. I've been told I would qualify for medicaid and it's free. But I know they will ask about who I live with and how much he makes. My boyfriend makes good money, but he doesn't support me. I haven't been paying rent but once I get that check he wants me to pay atleast a little. So, what do I say on the forms? If I say I do pay rent, will he have to mention that when he files his taxes? If I say I don't pay, will they he supports me and want to include his income? I truly am broke, can't work, am not being supported and need insurance. what do I say?
hayym

Postby bornani » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 pm

I work as auditor for Medicaid. Just do this! don't put him in the application and he should write a letter of support stating the he helps you with meal you can submit your income and also a letter from your school stating that you go to school or college full-time. They don't count your income if you go to school full-time. If You have resources I mean money in the bank over 2,000 in the bank you wont qualify. You don't have to lie, just say the true you go the school and your boyfriend is helping you. If you have any other question send me an email, I'll be happy to help you.
bornani

Postby lyn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Does he pay for your home food utillitys and other things? if he is then he is supporting you.
lyn

Postby akavya27 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 pm

You have a roof over your head and there may be many times in your life that you'll be broke and in debt.As you said " It's not such a big deal."
With the application should be a phone number for you to call to ask these questions of a qualified person.
Whatever you do, do NOT lie on that application!
It will come back to haunt you.
akavya27

Postby mahoney » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Well, shucks and golly whiz, how about becoming legal as in marriage? It is so sad to see mindless morons at the feed toff of the tax dollar and then asking for more help because "the boyfriend" isn't pitching in. I bet you are a Democrat.
mahoney

Postby hansel » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:29 pm

You probably won't like my answer but here goes. If you and your boyfriend are living together he should be responsible for some of your expenses. If you play house with him, he should take the liabilities along with the benefits.
hansel

Postby cornelius » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:35 pm

I really don't mean to sound harsh or unsympathetic, but why are you taking so many credits that you can't work to support yourself?

As a former student, my advice to you is to drop a class or two and at least get a part-time job. I imagine the powers-that-be would look more favorably upon your Medicaid application if you were at least making an effort to support yourself.
cornelius

Postby ignacio » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Hold on here....

First, GET A JOB.. Lots of people work, support themselves and go to college. LOTS of single parents work, go to college and take care of kids....

Medicaid is NOT a gift. It is MY money and other taxpayers money... There is NO reason for us to support you and your boyfriend. Medicaid is for POOR people who really need it - not for lazy women who don't want to work.

You cannot collect Medicaid if you are "living with" someone. Period. Oh, you can lie on the application of course (and I'll bet you do) but they will catch up to you and when they do, you can be charged with Medicaid fraud. In addition, every penny Medicaid pays out must be paid BACK to them when your income rises.

Stop trying to steal from us taxpayers and take care of yourself. You have no excuses for not doing so.
ignacio

Postby wyciyf » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 pm

sounds like you are a unpaid you know what--you can just lie on the form or tell the truth --it's your FUTURE or you can get a real life--try using your brain get to work and make something of yourself don't depend on a "man?" or you will end up a creek with no water
wyciyf

Return to Health & Medical Insurance