Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Most Expensive Cars to Insure in 2014!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Maternity insurance Texas?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby kynthelig » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Me and my husband are wanting to have another baby but I can't seem to find a health insurance that has maternity coverage. Does anyone know of a place that I can go to get some coverage. I will be high risk so I really need some coverage if possible.
kynthelig

Postby caddarik23 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:44 pm

I know of ONE stand alone maternity plan, here in Texas. It costs $350 a month, you have to wait 3 months before conceiving for the pregnancy to be covered, and it has a $5,000 deductible (you pay the first $5,000 in medical bills).

Effectively, it's a prepayment plan. You don't need insurance for that, you can bank the $350 x 12 monthly payments, and the $5,000 deductible, and pay your own birthing costs. If something really bad happens, your regular health insurance will still cover an emergency c section, and you can still add baby to your regular health insurance, the day he is born, to cover HIS hospital costs.
caddarik23

Postby blainey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 pm

As a direct result of 0bamacare all individual insurance companies in TX have stopped offering maternity coverage. However, complications of pregnancy, such as a C-section, is covered even if the plan does not have maternity coverage. So you'll need to negotiate with your providers to get the best global maternity rate that they can offer you and you'll need to purchase a health insurance plan to cover the high risk part of your pregnancy.
blainey

Postby telutci44 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:04 pm

There are no individual plans in Texas that are offering maternity coverage.
The only way to get this pregnancy covered by insurance is for you or your husband to get a job that offers maternity coverage.
telutci44

Return to Health & Medical Insurance