Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

Marriage Interview No Response Yet?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Postby Barnabus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:38 am

I am an American citizen and sponsored my husband last year. We had our marriage interview 3 months ago and it was short. The lady just asked him and myself some questions and let us go in 5 minutes. She said we will get a response in the mail soon. We also gave her some pictures from our album, photocopies of life insurance where I am beneficiary, tax returns and other electric bills etc.

It has been 3 months but we haven't heard anything. My husband called the 1800 # and they said they will send him some update. The only update we got in the mail was-- "We are actively processing your case" It also mentioned that they were doing additional review.

I am freaking out and not sure what seems to be the delay. We do not have any criminal records and husband is highly educated and licensed by the internal revenue service. This is also hurting his practice as he had planned on traveling to Canada this summer for some conference but cannot travel until we get his resident card.

Is this normal?
Barnabus

Postby neville » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:21 am

That's the government for you.
We have to pay whatever right now get paperwork done right now and they can put your paperwork to the bottom of the pile when they feel like it.

I'd be leary as to why there will be a IRS conference in CANADA!! I don't understand why our own IRS would have anything to do with Canada
neville

Postby Parry » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:14 am

Yes, sounds normal..there are lots of fakes out there and they need to be absolutely sure. Try to call annd speak to someone directly about how much longer it will be..Good Luck!!
Parry

Postby Deaglan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:05 am

Get used to the delays, and don't count on a date even if they give you one.
They are ridiculously backed up and understaffed.
You are in for many years of delays every time you renew or deal with the INS for something.
They have actually gotten better in recent years because now you can check the status of things over the internet and even do some of the interviewing on line.
Believe me there are so many illegal cases you have nothing to worry about.

Getting any answer even if it is "we are processing your case" is a good one.
The INS web site and your husband's country consulate are always good sources of information.
Deaglan

Return to Travel Insurance