Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

List Of Small Business Owners And/or Licensed Contractors?

All discussions relating to Business Insurance and Business Finance

Postby Alexis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08 am

I had an interview with an insurance company and part of the hiring process is to do a "project 200" which consists of finding 200 names of prospects etc.
Where would I go to get a list of small business owners and licensed contractors such as construction, electricians, plumbers etc.
I need a list that would supply phone numbers and contact names?
Alexis

Postby Ain » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Vista print has them very reasonably priced.
You can also get postcards and they'll mail them for you
Ain

Postby Saniiro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:38 pm

I had an interview with an insurance company and part of the hiring process is to do a "project 200" which consists of finding 200 names of prospects etc.
Where would I go to get a list of small business owners and licensed contractors such as construction, electricians, plumbers etc.
I need a list that would supply phone numbers and contact names?
Saniiro

Postby Kester » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:53 pm

My household was once in a small trade, and permit me let you know that they wanted wellness coverage at institution charges too, however had been too small to get it. The executive btw considers a small trade any not up to 1500 staff. I was once beautiful amazed via this as I continually took it to intend approximately 25. Its foremost to do not forget that after those legislation and rules take end result they more often than not comprise an ground so if in case you have beneath one hundred staff you don't seem to be integrated within the legislation. Most small companies do not now present wellness care, and its now not proper for the greater ones to need to move via the aggravation, even supposing they do get a tax deduction for it, and the humans who get the improvement do not pay taxes at the addition sales they get as that perk. Me, I pay my possess, with put up tax greenbacks, so in end result, I'm subsidizing the corporation and their staff. Not to say the coverage corporation. So do not fear an excessive amount of approximately it, even supposing real small companies need to pay, they are able to deduct it out in their trade taxes. Unlike me.
Kester

Postby Marsden » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Start with your state contractors licensing board (since you did not indicate your state, search for it on the Web). The licensing board typically have a searcheable database of licensed contractors operating in the state.

In California for example, they have Contractors State License Board http://www.cslb.ca.gov/

An easier way is to check for newspaper ads and ad booklets in your area -- they typically have contractors advertising in those pages

And of course, the Yellow Pages should be your best friend. You can get the name of the contractors as well as other pertinent contact information. Cross check the license with your state contractors licensing board

You need to be resourceful to impress the interviewer and hire you :o)
Marsden

Return to Business Insurance