Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Liberals Why Should The Government Help Poor People Honestly?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby Leveret » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:27 am

shouldnt the government only create a free market so people can compete in markets and have a full employment economy that provides for all the needs of everyone. But I was thinking about it why should the government help poor people how do you get poor? Irresponsibility is the only way honestly in a free market thats the only way to become poor I do understand we dont have a free market and that is why there is unemployment and we dont have competition in health care but in a free market economy there would not be unemployment and we would have a better health insurance system. Why help the poor honestly so they can have more kids? watch more tv? drink more? do more drugs? waste more of your life and do nothing productive? You have to be doing one of these things to become poor.
Leveret

Postby Benroy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:26 am

I'm going to have to agree with fascist hunter.
Even if you lack an ounce of compassion, then at least you can recognize that the deeper people slip into poverty, the more crime, disease, and other societal problems will increase, and will eventually infiltrate the areas you live/work/play in.
Benroy

Postby Hadar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:50 am

Because if it wasn't for federal government handouts, conservative red states would slide into third world country status.

And don't take my word for it.
Even Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney acknolwedged this simple truth when he attacked Rick Perry and the red state of Texas, saying that red states only survive on government spending.
Hadar

Postby Clach » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:52 pm

cause without the poor there is no rich.It's the governments responsibility to make sure that it's public is being taken care of.If you know your History quite well you can see that abusing the People can lead to a revolutionary war.
Clach

Postby Achazia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:37 pm

The Walrus has taught you well padawan.
Achazia

Postby Pueblo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 pm

"Why help the poor honestly so they can have more kids? watch more tv? drink more? do more drugs? waste more of your life and do nothing productive? You have to be doing one of these things to become poor."

The Bible contains more than 300 verses on the poor, social justice, and God's deep concern for both.

You can read up about it here: http://www.zompist.com/meetthepoor.html

Compassion.
Try it.
It's good for the world and good for your soul.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." ~ Jesus

"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."

~Cardinal Roger Mahony, In a 1998 letter, Creating a Culture of Life

?If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.? ~ Dalai Lama

Or, I guess you could just continue working for The Dark Side.

##
Pueblo

Return to Life Insurance