Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Itchy palms after I shower?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby garnoc » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:59 pm

I was hoping somebody could help tell me what's going on here, Almost every time I get out of shower my palms and occasionally the base of my feet itch like CRAZY. It's an itch I can't scratch and it takes anywhere from 5-30 minutes to stop. It only seems to happen when I stay in long enough for my hands to get all pruney (wrinkled) And it is NOT soap/shampoo, I've tried hundreds of different ones, & I tested washing my hands, thoroughly with a lot of the soap and shampoo and no problem. I also tend to have very dry skin. Don't say "Go to the doctor" please, I have no health insurance and it isn't that serious. I am just curious as to what this may be.
garnoc

Postby lynford75 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:02 pm

I have the exact same problem and haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes it either other than being in the water too long. I try to keep mine short so I don't have to deal with it
lynford75

Postby farold » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Medical discount plans:ideal for those who cannot afford or qualify for traditional health insurance. The companies offer discounted health services for a quite low monthly fee. Benefits include a range of discounts for doctors, hospitals, dental, vision, prescriptions, vitamins, as well as other health services.
It is a common situation that you met like many other persons,be patient,check the resource from here  healthinsurancesfree.info  i found quite useful to solve my similiar issues.
farold

Postby helaku » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Have you tried wearing rubber dish gloves with a tight bandaid around the forearm/wrist? It'd keep water/chemicals out and you could wash them in your sink.

Otherwise, it could be an allergy to something in your tub. Try other showers and try an allergy pill before showering a few times to see if that helps. And maybe try changing underarm anti-persprent to a regular deodorant.
helaku

Postby roswalt51 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:20 pm

I've had this problem, and no its not soap or shampoo, i think it has to do with dead skin not being washed off, but im not entirely sure, thats just what ive read.
roswalt51

Postby nosh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 pm

I think it is because of your wrinkly palms when your in the shower. They sometimes tend to itch afterwards but not all of the time. Hope I helped! :)

Alexandria
nosh

Return to Health & Medical Insurance