Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

....Interview Question?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

....Interview Question?

Postby ber » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 pm

I've a job interview next week.It's for a customer service position in Travel Insurance company.?
Any advice/suggestions you have for me, also if anyone here works in a Travel Insurance company, how it it like working there?

Thanks!
ber

....Interview Question?

Postby branduff » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Here is an example of Interview Questions/ Answers for your practice. Interview questions might be similar to these.

How to you deal with stress in your work life?

I react to situations, rather than to stress. That way, the situation is handled and doesn't become stressful. I manage stress by visiting the gym every evening. It's a great stress reducer.

What is your greatest strength?
My time management skills are excellent and I'm organized, efficient, and take pride in excelling at my work. I pride myself on my customer service skills and my ability to resolve what could be difficult situations.

What is your greatest weakness?
I have a tendency of working a little too late when completing an interesting project. I am a kind of person that takes initiative and does more than is expected.

Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?
Sample Answer: While at the XYZ Corporation, one of my job assignments was to work with the IT department to prepare the annual meeting brochure complete with financial data, graphs and related SEC requirements. I became proficient at designing graphs that gave an accurate picture of the financial data, as well as editing the legal information into a more readable format.

How do you deal with a conflict?
Sample excellent response:
I believe I am quite good at handling conflict. Working in retail and in the residence halls required that I make many unpopular decisions at times, whether it was terminating an associate or taking judicial action on a resident. Often the person in conflict with me would be upset and sometimes physically outraged. I would always make sure that I fully explained the situation, the policies behind my decision, and why those policies exist. Usually by the end of the conversation, the person could see the other side of the situation.

What are your long-term goals?
My long-term goals involve growing with a company where I can continue to learn, take on additional responsibilities, and contribute as much of value as I can.

What is Good Customer Service?
Good customer service is treating customers with a friendly, helpful attitude.

Why should we hire you?
Sample Answer: That's because I am a responsible and positive person, I am totally dedicated to my job. And I believe I will get along well with colleagues, learn from each of them and become an asset to the company. I realize that there are likely other candidates who also have the ability to do this job... Yet I bring an additional quality that makes me the best person for the job--my passion for excellence.... I am passionately committed to producing truly world class results.I am motivated and willing to join the team.

Why are you the best person for the job?
Sample Answers: My previous job working as receptionist provided me with the ideal experience for this position. My skill set is a perfect match for the job requirements.

Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?
Sample Answer: I worked closely with a Coworker who, for the most part, always carried her fair share of the work load. During a stressful time, working on a project with a deadline, I realized Ann's contributions to the project were almost minimal. I made the decision to wait until after the project to speak with her. I'm glad I did, because I learned she'd been going through a very tough time in her personal life and she appreciated my willingness to go the extra mile so the project was completed on time. As a result, our ability to work well together significantly increased.

Why Do You Want to Work Here?
My experience in the (marketing/planning/production/etc.) The non-profit organization is known for their commitment to the community, and I would like the opportunity to participate in making this a better place to live. I would love the opportunity to share my enthusiasm, skills for the organization and my customer service skills.

Do You Prefer to Work Independently or On a Team

What Do You Expect From a Supervisor?
I appreciate a work environment where supervisors try to make personal connections with their employees. I would like to be able to go my manager if I have an issue or idea and to be able to feel comfortable to expressing my thoughts. I would also expect my supervisor to be open and honest with me and to let me know if there is anything I could do to improve upon or do differently in my work.

What Computer Skills Do You Have
I'm proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point. I'm very comfortable using these programs and have a lot of experience doing so. I'm interested in learning how to use any other programs as well
branduff

Return to Travel Insurance