Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Insurance Wants To Pay Only Medical Bills? Attorney Cheating?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Postby Schmaiah » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:22 am

Ok this is what happened. 8 months ago I was involved in a rear ended car accident. The guy who hit me was at fault. When I called my "insurance" to make the report I found out that when my husband renew the policy, I was excluded. Keeping that in mind, in California if you are not insure the other party pays only the medical bills. This is why I hired an attorney. I thought that he could help me but he is not!!! The insurance will only pay $9000. This money has to cover the hospital, chiropractic, and the attorney fees. The advise from my attorney was that to cover everything I could use medical to pay the hospital witch is $7000. If i use medical to pay my bills. He will give me $4400 and the rest for him and the chiropractic. I was so mad when he told me that because all he wants is to get more money on his pocket. I told him that I didn't want to use medical to pay my bills because medical will want to be reimbursed. And it is not fair!!! I think this attorney is cheating because the insurance that is paying did not know that I was not insure. Is there any way that insurance knew about it?
Schmaiah

Postby ciyde32 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 am

" I think this attorney is cheating because the insurance that is paying did not know that I was not insure. Is there any way that insurance knew about it?"
I'm not sure if i understand this correctly...did you expect your attorney to defraud the paying insurance by pretending that you were insured? That would actually be a crime!
But yeah, insurance companies tend to talk to each other about such matters.
It's your husband that you need to have a serious word with, for taking you out of the insurance without telling you about it.
ciyde32

Return to Car Insurance