Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Do Insurance Rates Get Higher Just Cause You Change The State You Live In?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Postby Farren » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Typically, insurance rates will vary from State to State and can even vary by ZIPCODE! It also will depend on the type of car/truck, coverages, limits of liability, and driving record. Some companies run credit scores and MOST run a motor vehicle report and CLUE (Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange) report to see about undisclosed accident involvement.

The best thing to do is call a LOCAL independent agent. Don't go across town, or to some other city - look for someone CLOSE. Just look in the phone book for the PIA or Big I (Trusted Choice) logos and you will find a professional licensed agent that will be able to help you solve your insurance problems, and give you rate comparisons of several different companies.

An independent insurance agent will normally have a dozen different companies and if he cannot help you, he should be networked with other local agents that can.

In my agency, we have companies that do NOT run a credit score and welcome drivers with "less than perfect" driving records and specialize in youthful operators!

Most of the replies on this site say "go to this on-line carrier or that on-line carrier or that 1-800 number" but I'm sure that when you do, you will find some impersonal computer user with a script to work from and you won't be able to talk with the same person every time you have a problem!

Good luck, drive RESPONSIBLY and I hope this helps!
Farren

Postby Kealy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Your insurance rate is based on where you live. Based on population and many other factors. It can go up even if you move to a different COUNTY! (I'm guessing you're talking about car insurance)
Kealy

Postby Toran » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:30 am

Not to my knowledge.
Insurance rates differ by territory.
If you move from an area whose rates are lower than one you move to, your premiums will increase.
The reverse is also true.
Just moving from one state to another should have no bearing on your rates.
Toran

Postby Iorwerth » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Failed government coverage. government money is given freely, with out regulations. Any time a 'restrict' is imposed, poverty rights communities scream. once you get a large demographic of undesirable on your district, unexpectedly you're finding at dropping votes in case you put in regulations. SCHIP, the government run well being look after little ones and families over-earnings for Medicaid, could be billed for a piece of the value in step with earnings. i do no longer think of any state has billed a be certain. So, some mothers and fathers decrease lower back on artwork to qualify for the loose medical insurance. Pay $250 a month to your business employer plan vs. loose from the government. At low-paying jobs, working some hours much less a week can internet you sturdy well being care plan. Even seem at Social secure practices incapacity. this methodology has doubled interior the final 10 years. 20 year olds have become this for best blood tension. Unemployment, you're making greater sitting at homestead than working the $10 an hour interest down the line. government ought to get people out working, yet classes shop them at homestead.
Iorwerth

Postby forgael » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:12 am

What kind of insurance? Insurance rate will definitely vary from state to state.
Insurance is an industry that is largely regulated at the state level.
forgael

Postby Gairbith » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 am

not a law but its is practiced by insurance companys i was paying $1,200 a year for full coverage it was a 50-100k policy including glass and tow in upstate newyork i just moved to to Tennessee and i got an upgraded policy for 100-300k glass-tow for almost $440 cheaper then my old policy only cause of newyork citys bad rap for car theft and i lived 2 hrs away at the time from nyc
Gairbith

Postby Derrek » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:04 am

Some states have more expensive insurance costs than others.
You may be moving into one of those. Or you may be moving into a less expensive insurance cost state.

My son moved from NJ to NC, and his rate went down. If he moves back, his rate will go up.
Derrek

Return to Insurance Agents