Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Insurance Car Accident?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Insurance Car Accident?

Postby Fagan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:04 am

So today my insurance expired Feb 1st and I had thought I was covered for today. It is snowing outside and a car crashed behind me and did some serious damage. I called the insurance company and got insured. If the crash happened before I paid the insurance but no police were involved am I still covered. The exact timings wouldn't be found out if no police were called at the time correct?
Fagan

Insurance Car Accident?

Postby Worton » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:56 pm

At COVERAGEFINDER.NET you can get and compare quotes in just a few minutes.
Worton

Insurance Car Accident?

Postby mayir » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:27 am

Compare insuran ce quotes
mayir

Insurance Car Accident?

Postby Brand » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:28 pm

LOL

As a former auto claim adjuster, I guarantee that they will investigate what time this accident happened, with or w/out a police report.
I was always amazed how many times, people have accidents, then buy insurance and think the insurance company wont catch it.

If you go to an agents office, they will time stamp the time the policy was bought.
IF paid online, it will also show what time you made the premium.

But, if you were hit in the behind (rear ended), then the guy who hit YOU, would be responsible and his insurance company will pay for your damages, even if you don't have insurance.

good luck
Brand

Insurance Car Accident?

Postby Seung » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:34 am

I recommend one to visit this web page where onel can get rates from different companies: http://insure-cheap.info/index.html?src=...

RE :Insurance Car Accident?

So today my insurance expired Feb 1st and I had thought I was covered for today. It is snowing outside and a car crashed behind me and did some serious damage. I called the insurance company and got insured. If the crash happened before I paid the insurance but no police were involved am I still covered. The exact timings wouldn't be found out if no police were called at the time correct?

Update: I just want to know if I will be covered. Let's say the crash was at 8:00 and I got insured at 8:20 but only me and the other driver were involved and I have not called the police.

Follow 5 answers
Seung

Return to Car Insurance