Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I hve a suspended license and my car has been impounded?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Postby dougald » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:36 am

My girlfriend and I are both on the title to my car but they won't give us insurance on the car because my license is suspended, and I tried having another family member insure it, but insurance agents keep telling us that they can't do that and now because my car's impounded I can't get the car out if I don't have insurance. And I live in alabama where the freaking laws here are so backwards and crazy. Is there anyone who can help me out with this???
dougald

Postby keandre76 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:37 am

I see on the tv show "parking wars" that they allow people in this situation to tow thier vehicle out of impound. Tow service has to be licienced and insured with the city. They will only drop it at your residence on private property only.

See if they would do something like that..

Then of course, DON'T DRIVE IT!
keandre76

Postby jordan60 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 am

Do you realize how illogical your question is? If you have a suspended license, you cannot drive. Alabama doesn't have backward laws, that law will be the same in the 49 other states. Why can't the girlfriend get insurance? She have a suspended license too?

Frankly, you are the one who is BACKWARDS!
jordan60

Postby howi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:53 am

It's not the laws that are backwards. The laws are there to protect innocent citizens from being victimized by those who refuse to obey them.
Nearly every state requires insurance. And every state requires drivers to be licensed. You know this is a fact. Yet you still continued to drive.

The only option I can think of is to "sell" the car to a family member, who can then register and insure it, and get it released.
howi

Postby denzell6 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:00 pm

What's up with the girlfriend? Wait, let me guess, she doesn't have a drivers license? Get a dam bike.
denzell6

Return to Insurance Agents