Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How Do You Think Life On Earth Would Be If Another Planet In Our Solar System Had Life?

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

How Do You Think Life On Earth Would Be If Another Planet In Our Solar System Had Life?

Postby Kenny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:42 am

I ask myself this every day. I never have an answer for myself. What if mars, titan, or euorpa had life on it? Im talking about intelligent life that can build space vehicles and telescopes.
Kenny

Postby kevyn37 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Very interesting indeed. However it might be fun to see another planet in our solar system that had life.
kevyn37

Postby Lynford » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:18 am

There is no reason to think life on Earth would need to be different.
Just because there was life elsewhere in our solar system does not mean it would be at all like our water/carbon/nitrogen based life forms we know about here.
Lynford

Postby Norval » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:03 am

A review of the 1976 Viking Lander data shows that it had found life so if it's microbial life then just look at where we are now.

If it was complex organisms, the religions would be quiet for a while until they convinced everyone they never meant to say only Earth had life.
If it was intelligent life, well when Europe enslaved Africans, they did so by saying they were animals, and had no souls, that was obviously driven by religions.
Note such evil is the work of Man in the religions, not of God, as religions are also the work of man and it is the contradictions that finding life brings to the authoritarian control religions try to seek that discovering life will bring.
Such contradictions are nothing new to religions and they've always managed contradictions in the past such that we still have zealots particularly in the US trying to push creationalism down children's throats and clearly we still have terrorism on religious grounds.
Finding life elsewhere's will only trouble religions briefly as they manage the PR of having been wrong all these years but they would soon twist it to their advantage and perhaps to great evil as they did in the past.

Obviously if you have another intelligent culture, there would be trade and we would've invested heavily in interplanetary travel.
Most likely launching the Project Orion Nuclear Pulse Propulsion spaceship to bring a manufacturing basis into space thereby allowing ore to be mined and smelted in space and spaceships and space habitats to be built in space.
Norval

Postby Devereau » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:32 pm

I think that there is a strong possibility that life may exist son some of the Saturnian and Jovian moons, though I'm talking microbes and bacteria here. The conditions on Titan and Io are certainly commensurate with life-sustaining qualities.
Devereau

Postby Wally » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:31 pm

We would eventually make them our Facebook friends.
Wally

Return to Disability Insurance