Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: 13 Ways to Lower the Cost of Health Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How do i self-remove the mirena iud without the strings?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby earvin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 am

i have had the mirena for over 4yrs now and after finally looking up all the "symptoms" my dr forgot to mention, iv finally figured out whats been wrong. need to remove it and have my fiance to help, but i had the strings clipped completely off 4yrs ago.
how do i remove it without being able to get the strings and without going to a dr? (have no health insurance)
earvin

Postby redford » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:48 am

I do not advise trying to remove your IUD on your own. That IUD was inserted into your cervical canal, then into the uterus, with the arms of the device bent back, but once in place the arms are released and the device opens into its T shape. It has to be removed at the right angle and with the right tools for those T-shaped arms not to do damage. There are many complications which can arise from someone trying to remove an IUD on their own, which is why a doctor or qualified/licensed health care professional must insert and remove it. Even doctors that have been inserting/removing them for years can perforate the uterus by mistake, so this is definitely something you don't want to remove on your own. Please see a doctor. If you don't have insurance, try finding a Planned Parenthood or another such clinic in your area that will work with you.
redford

Postby branduff » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:50 am

As far as I know, the Mirena IUD should never be removed on your own as it may cause injury to you if do not know how to remove it. It should be removed with the help of your doctor who might have to employ an speculum to remove the device. However you choose to remove it you should certainly not try removing it without professional help. You may want to visit http://www.mirenaiudlawsuit.net/ for related information.
branduff

Postby denzell6 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:00 am

You can't sorry...
denzell6

Postby melvon18 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:05 am

you could damage your cervix or even perforate your uterus. you need to have a doctor remove it.
melvon18

Return to Health & Medical Insurance