Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How To Pay For Funeral? Life Insurance?

Funeral Insurance, Term Insurance and Burial Insurance

Postby Beinish » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:04 pm

hi.
unfortunately my step mom passed away.
I have a step sister and a step brother.
my mama had some life insurance done, the beneficeries are the kids but they are 12 and 11.
2 days ago I wasked to find money for the funeral.
I ran around crazy trying to gather money and then realized about the life insurance.
I'm still short on some money and I know I cant get the insurance claim process that fast nor have I started but what should be the path to follow?

I dont even know if I can try to file claim? Who would be the right person?
Beinish

Postby Pfeostun » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:38 am

Yeah, unfortunately you must wait to file a claim until you have a death certificate from the county in which the death happened. This is why most cemeteries and funeral homes offer pre arrangment planning.

You have 2 options:

1. Pay for the expense out of your pocket or put it on a credit card and wait to get reimbursed until the life insurance check comes (up to 2 months out).

2. Have the body stored in the fridge at the funeral home until you get the life insurance settlement (some funeral homes charge a small fee by the day for this).

3. Cut on expenses by having a direct cremation $375.00 and have your local church pastor, priest or bishop conduct the funeral service free of charge.
Pfeostun

Postby Fateh » Mon May 01, 2017 12:46 am

If the beneficiaries are minor children, then you CANNOT use that money for the funeral.
A trustee will have to be appointed and the money placed in trust for the children.
Fateh

Return to Funeral Insurance