Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How much would car insurance cost for a 16 year old driving a new Chevrolet Camaro?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

How much would car insurance cost for a 16 year old driving a new Chevrolet Camaro?

Postby johannes » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:50 am

It would depend on the company, if they were put onto your insurance plan, etc. Generally though, a hell of a lot.
johannes

Postby giovanny » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:56 am

More than you could afford.
giovanny

Postby haslet » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:00 am

Especially if it's a male and depending on your location it can range from $1000 to $4000.

Typically cars of that nature along with larger SUV type vehicles are going to cost more seeing as they are wrecked the most often. Not necessarily sure why any sixteen year old should have a brand new car as their very first vehicle seeing as I'm eighteen years old and would not want that as my first car.

You become much more comfortable on the road when you know that accidents happen and you find driving safely for the sake of other people and yourself rather than being tense and nervous that you might get a scratch on the car and have to tell Mom and Dad.

After a few years of driving in a less expensive car than a brand new sports car, he should be confident enough and good enough of a driver to drive away with a car of that nature for a graduation present.

I've had plenty of friends who went fresh into a brand new car of that nature and it added extra stress to already being a new driver. My best recommendation would be to wait a few months, or a couple of years.

But as for the price, it won't be cheap. Like I said the rates are going to depend on incalculable personal factors but in $1000 - $4000 annually I'd expect it to be on the higher end.
haslet

Postby shelomo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:06 am

My wife has had NO insurance ever also no tickets or acidents. So every insurance company wanted to jack up the price. What you should try is AAA (Triple A). They told us its 625 fofr 6 months. Compared to allstate and geico they were 1000 for 6 months! JEEZ
Hope this helps
shelomo

Postby lakeland » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:10 am

I'm 16 I drive a new Mercedes (expensive) :) but I don't pay the insurance my parents do
I'm 16
But prob a lot
lakeland

Postby jaye41 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:18 am

a lot ! dont do it. try a freaking nissan altima, or something a 16 year old should have not a brand new camaro. I drive a pt cruiser and i have progressive it costs like 125$ a month with lots of coverage. and im 19. so a 16 will be more !!!!
jaye41

Postby feivel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:30 am

http://www.autoinsuranceestimate.info/ has a few questions and they will give you an estimate from a ton of different car insurance companies with the lowest price.
feivel

Postby dedrik » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:42 am

autoinsurance.bebto.com - check this one. As I remember they have lowest car insurance rates for teens and young drivers.
dedrik

Return to Car Insurance