Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How Long Does An Insurance Company Have To File A Claim Against You?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Postby Rudolf » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:50 pm

i got into a car accident about 14 months ago.
I was drunk.
They drew blood and three months later i had a warrent for my arrest that last about eight months until i took care of the DUI. Since then my license was never suspended the DOL has no records my deffered prosecution went threw and i haven't heard anything from the car i hit's insurance company and this was 14 months ago.
So i wonder how long an insurance has to file a claim because it looks like but i'm not holding my breath but it looks like i got off lucky no license lost no sr22 no restitution for the car i hit i've been in the program of AA and maybe my higher power is looking out for me but i just want to know how long i should be waiting for the insurance company to hit me before i can say nope you waited to long
Rudolf

Postby Erwynn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:11 pm

If you have a sponsor what did he suggest? and part of taking control of your life is making amends. This means to make things right. It can be in the form of giving back to the community somehow volunteer work what ever but its you giving of yourself. I opened three clean and sober houses and got them up and running as part of my amends. I wrote letters to the judge and cleared up the wreckage of my past. The case against you has been resolved to the courts satisfaction. If restitution to anyone was due at that time it should have been then. Normally after 2 years the insurance company will not be able to sue you and get restitution. Dont give your higher power credit for every little thing. Sometimes you get lucky. But there is always the amends process to people who were hurt in your past both mentally and physically. For those you cannot get in touch with for what ever reason give back to your community in some way shape or form. volenteer to speak about how alcohol and drugs affected your life. find out if someone is taking the aa message to juvinile hall do what ever it takes to make amends good luck
Erwynn

Postby Vincente » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Idk
Vincente

Return to Car Insurance