Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How To Have My Daughters Biological Fathers Rights Taken Away And Her Step-father Adopt Her?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

How To Have My Daughters Biological Fathers Rights Taken Away And Her Step-father Adopt Her?

Postby Llassar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:13 pm

My daughter, who is 14 now, has a uninvolved, uncaring, and just all around horrible biological father.
We haven't been together since she was a year and a half.
I have been married to her step-father since she was 3.
He has been her real father throughout the majority of her life.
Her biological dad has been in and out of jail.
He has paid child support off and on.
He is currently a little over $9,000 behind.
We have talked about trying to get his right taken away and my husband adopting her but that seemed too harsh since he always loved my daughter and seemed to try.
However, now he doesn't seem to care and never tries to talk to her.
He forgot her birthday and even what year she was born.
He has been hateful and tries to fight every time we have had to speak.
He has never helped with medical bills, even though he is ordered to pay a portion since we provide insurance, and just doesn't get his responsibility. I am tired of fighting. My daughter wants her step-father to be her legal father.
She is practically begging. I don't know where to begin or if we need a lawyer. Pleas let me know how I can start this process.
We live in Oklahoma.
Llassar

Postby Etu » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:58 am

If you can not get him to voluntarily give up his parental rights then you will need a lawyer to file the motion in Oklahoma Family court for the termination of his parental rights..

So contact a lawyer and begin the process.

His criminal record may also work to your advantage as well so let your Lawyer know about that as well.

Note: Parental rights may be terminated if the father has been convicted of a felony or

has been incarcerated, according to Title 10, Section 7006-1.1 of Oklahoma law.
Etu

Postby Jinny » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:53 pm

If this is truly how the situation is then you should not have a problem , your ex will most likely allow the adoption but I think that if your going to take all his rights away and make your new husband her legal parent then you should also releave your ex of all child support owed and you should not receive anymore child support ever.
Jinny

Postby Dewitt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 pm

In missouri his rights need to be terminated via the courts. Now as soon as you are married you and your fiance can file for a step mum or dad adoption. Her organic father will must sign over his rights in any other case as soon as again you are going to need to go to court docket to terminate his rights. Seem online for the authorized services numbers for your discipline. Call them and notice if the can help you out. You'll must fill out an software and it is revenue based however they'll get you intouch with an legal professional. In most case they'll either pay for all or a part of the authorized costs. It's valued at watching into. I've a buddy who as of two years ago was once on the Board of administrators for Southwest Missouri authorized services and i probably capable to get some mobile numbers for you. I did use them when I was going via my custody and eventual step father or mother adoption for my daughter and they we're tremendously worthwhile. The attorney I was assigned to was distinct. It is valued at a shot. The state of Missouri is not going to renowned his signing away of rights. Like I mentioned rights need to be terminated by way of the courts.
Dewitt

Postby Mal » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:06 am

You have to file a pettion in your local family court to have parental rights taken away. You need to mention the reasons he needs to be removed, and the fact the stepfather is willing to adopt the child. Make sure you include all the bad acts he has committed including all the fighting and any abuse he's inflicted and neglect. You may need a lawyer, but check first with the court clerk for advice.
Mal

Postby Jax » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:15 pm

You can't do that without the consent of the natural father.
And it has to be a legal document.
Jax

Postby Elsu » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:49 am

My daughter, who is 14 now, has a uninvolved, uncaring, and just all around horrible biological father.
We haven't been together since she was a year and a half.
I have been married to her step-father since she was 3.
He has been her real father throughout the majority of her life.
Her biological dad has been in and out of jail.
He has paid child support off and on.
He is currently a little over $9,000 behind.
We have talked about trying to get his right taken away and my husband adopting her but that seemed too harsh since he always loved my daughter and seemed to try.
However, now he doesn't seem to care and never tries to talk to her.
He forgot her birthday and even what year she was born.
He has been hateful and tries to fight every time we have had to speak.
He has never helped with medical bills, even though he is ordered to pay a portion since we provide insurance, and just doesn't get his responsibility. I am tired of fighting. My daughter wants her step-father to be her legal father.
She is practically begging. I don't know where to begin or if we need a lawyer. Pleas let me know how I can start this process.
We live in Oklahoma.
Elsu

Return to Life Insurance