With all the different companies that offer insurance, how would a police officer know if if the insurance card is a fake or not or if the policy number is real during a traffic stop?
- Posts: 418
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:11 am
its on the computer the insurance companies report to the DMV
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:15 am
My state very very hard.
In states like Texas where there is a law about insurance companies reporting and a computer set up for them to do the reporting, very easy. Shows up when they run the license plates.
If an insurance company cancels your police in those states the system police access has the information in less than a second.
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 am
Look at your "Proof of Insurance" card, there is a 24 hour 1-800 number to verify insurance is active. I've had them call and verify on several traffic stops.
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:24 pm
they have a database. they can see everything.
- Posts: 383
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:07 pm
within in minutes even seconds
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:47 am
Very Easy now days, within 5 minutes from the side of the road.
- Posts: 399
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:01 am
If they want to check it, it's not very hard for them to verify.
- Posts: 453
- Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:46 am
I about such yet did not hear Get more info about auto insurance plans here: autoinsurance.bebto.com
- Posts: 401
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 am
Return to Car Insurance
- Is it true police have no systems to verify car insurance stipulations such as additional drivers/coverage?
by barnet46 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:06 pm
- 5 Replies
- 249 Views
- Last post by otto
Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 pm
- Verify Auto Insurance
by StephenMoore » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:42 am
- 0 Replies
- 32 Views
- Last post by StephenMoore
Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:42 am
- How does a court judge verify car insurance?
by zilar » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:36 pm
- 3 Replies
- 364 Views
- Last post by filbuk
Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:50 pm
- Car insurance without prior coverage in Florida..will new company verify?
by fergusson61 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 am
- 0 Replies
- 90 Views
- Last post by fergusson61
Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 am
- Need help with this police ticket please?
by cace » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:59 pm
- 3 Replies
- 179 Views
- Last post by dasco
Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:21 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: arlan, artek, burneig, comyn, deependu53, frederik86, garnoc, hakim, hania82, herne46, kenjiro, lochlain, lucila69, presley, rodman and 0 guests