Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How Does One Go About Getting Business Insurance (state Of Ohio, City Of Hamilton)>?

All discussions relating to Business Insurance and Business Finance

How Does One Go About Getting Business Insurance (state Of Ohio, City Of Hamilton)>?

Postby Adda » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 pm

My wife is going to be starting a Psychology private Practice LLC in the state of Ohio, Butler County, city of Hamilton.
She has already obtained malpractice insurance, but she also needs business insurance.
So, my questions are:
Does the Agent that sells me my homeowners and car insurance sell business insurance as well, or is there a specialized Agent we will need to contact?
Are there any Web price comparison/online Application sites that can be used for business insurance?
Answers from anyone with knowledge on the subject is appreciated!
Adda

Postby Galeno » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:40 am

Just call a local agent.
Tell them you need Business Liability;-)
Galeno

Postby Drogo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Trying to do this might work providing all 50 states agreed. However it appears the government is looking at this whole thing as a source of unlimited money. The government wants the power to be able to pull the plug on anyone without restriction and that would also bypass the state regulations.
Drogo

Postby Yeeshai » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:32 pm

I was a business administrator for a small specialty dental practice in Sharonville before I moved to NKY and we used to have our Business Insurance, as well as the docs car insurance and so forth through Clark Theders Insurance Agency. They are local company and I had no problems with them whatsoever. In fact, I would recommend them to anyone because they were always so helpful and knowledgeable. They are very good about with medical type of practices from small to growing practices.

They are actually located in West Chester. Their phone number is 513-779-2800 and their web site is ctia.com.

However, if you are well established with another company I would call them and see if they have business insurance, I believe most do.

Good Luck!
Yeeshai

Postby Jeric » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:59 pm

It's possible you current "all purpose" agent can help you but you really would benefit by getting an agent experienced in the advanced business markets. The average agent may run across two or three of this kind of situation a year.
The specially trained and focused agent often handles hundreds of these.
Kind of like choosing which level of experience you want for your surgeon.
Look for the credential of either ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) or CFP (Certified Financial Planner) behind their name.
This kind of business insurance is a pretty narrow and sophisticated market so I know of no internet sites where you can go. You can however do a search for qualified insurance agents in your area. Even a new clueless agent can get help and muddle through this but if you can get a pro, I would.
Good luck with the new practice.
Jeric

Postby Godewyn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:35 am

One goes to a local, independent agent for quotes.
Most agents who sell home and car insurance, can also sell business insurance - but a few don't.
So you'll have to ask that person.

Business insurance generally cannot be quoted on line - at least, I've never seen or heard of it.
That's because it's not as standardized as auto and home, and there are a lot more "ifs" and "buts", so it generally takes a conversation with an agent.
Godewyn

Postby Gordain » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:01 am

My wife is going to be starting a Psychology private Practice LLC in the state of Ohio, Butler County, city of Hamilton.
She has already obtained malpractice insurance, but she also needs business insurance.
So, my questions are:

Does the Agent that sells me my homeowners and car insurance sell business insurance as well, or is there a specialized Agent we will need to contact?

Are there any Web price comparison/online Application sites that can be used for business insurance?

Answers from anyone with knowledge on the subject is appreciated!
Gordain

Return to Business Insurance