Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How does Obama care work?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby maurizio » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:38 am

I don't follow up on much politics, I know Obama won election again. I know he plans on putting a law through every American has health insurance. I am a working single mom, I make 7.75/hr with average 36 hrs a week. I work at a union store so fees for that are taken out as well, my son is covered through welfare thank god because my place of employment does not cover family unless you are full time and I am considered part time. However, in the way the union contract is stated I have to be there for at least another year before I start receiving medical benefits. I've already been there a month shy of 1 1/2 years. I still haven't been given dental or vision because last I knew the store owner hasn't sent in the last payment for it to get started. I don't see myself being there another year. I'll probably end up at a job that I would have to pay for insurance myself, I am barely making ends meet right now without paying for healthcare coverage. If I continue not having health insurance for myself, when obamacare goes into affect, i'll be penalized during income tax time?
maurizio

Postby suthley » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:40 am

First you pay 5 years of premiums and taxes then if you make less than 12,000 a year it is free if you make more than 12,000 you will need to purchase insurance if you make less than 25,000 you will get a 50% rate based on current cost that is about 230.00 dollars a month out of your pocket. Then in five years when all health care insurance companies are out of business everyone will be a part of medicare all doctors will be government employees 40% of your hospitals will be shut down and 65% of your doctors will be gone for a lack of funding. But hey it will still be free. I mean that is the real point of it is it not you know being free.
suthley

Postby humility52 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:42 am

I believe you will be forced to purchase a high deductible. I am just guessing though. I guess we will find out. I am devastated that Obama was reelected. I want to move to a different country.
humility52

Postby hastiin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:59 am

You will qualify for subsidized care. Read this. http://www.healthcare.gov/law/index.html
hastiin

Postby coltere » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:03 am

It does not
coltere

Postby artis56 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 am

It does not
Very well. ACA is online.
artis56

Postby carson97 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:36 am

Even the experts are not sure.
The only things they have generally agreed on is that it is loaded with taxes,it will increase the national debt and if you don't have health care insurance,you will pay a penalty fee (tax) when you file your income tax return.
It may be harder to get medical help because there will be limits on how much the doctors and hospitals will be paid for services.
That translates into fewer Drs. to chose from and hospitals will only do enough to stabilize your condition and send you off to another hospital or home.
Obama care has "provisions" for assistance to pay insurance premiums.
Even IF you have health insurance and are exempt from paying the penalty you may still end up paying the tax in the form of higher prices because any business that has to pay the tax will pass that on to the consumers.
carson97

Postby torrence68 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:43 am

Ok, so take a normal health insurance price, and make it much, much larger. That's the price of ObamaCare. Don't need it? Can't afford it? Too bad, you HAVE to get it. Yes, you will be very badly penalized.
Okay, I just looked it up. If you don't get it, you get taxed over $2,085 a year. OVER.
My family worked hard for our health insurance. We finally got a nice one, but it's not extremely cheap. We work hard to keep it, and now we're going to have to buy a more expensive one that won't even cover us as much.
Yeah, as if it isn't bad enough, if you're elderly, forget any help whatsoever from ObamaCare. If you're overweight, forget any help whatsoever from ObamaCare. If you're not up to the doctor's standards, forget any help from ObamaCare.

Sorry if this sounds rude, it's the truth. The plain out truth.
Just remember the American people voted him in again, basically causing this.
No, I'm not some extremist conservative who's jut dissing Obama anf ObamaCare, I'm just giving you the facts.
torrence68

Postby tavish55 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:46 am

The Affordable Insurance Act is not fully effective at the moment. How it affects you will change in the next few years and because of that it honestly will be a different answer now compared to what it will be next year.

In summary, you will later be forced to have health cover. But, many employers will have to provide that cover, and the cover that is available will be cheaper and will not have as many get out clauses that prevent companies from paying up.

I hope that the links below will be of use.
tavish55

Return to Health & Medical Insurance