Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Man Busted Selling Fake Insurance Policies!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How does Gerber life insurance pay out?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby maurizio » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:06 pm

My mother received a letter from Gerber life insurance claiming she was the sole beneficiary to a Gerber life insurance policy that was my grandfathers. Thing is he's been dead now for almost 7 years and he supposedly cancelled a policy with them years before he died. So how is it there is anything for her to collect? They only asked for his birth date, date of death, and name to verify when she called ? She was told that the claim department would contact her within 7 days. Admittedly I know nothing about life insurance but does this sound legit?
maurizio

Postby otho » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:14 pm

It may be legit. I would get them to send me some policy information before giving them any confidential information.

Take it to your agent and ask them. If you don't have an agent, then you got what you paid for when you purchased your insurance online.
otho

Postby loughlin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:20 pm

My husband told me to buy Gerber Life Insurance for my kids and after doing a research, it didn't sound right to buy life insurance for my kids... That's kind of stupid, rather I should focus on us.

But anyways, there's a company that focuses on the entire family. I found it on Facebook, you can look them up at www.facebook.com/FlowerBack

I find it very interesting and will explore it further.
loughlin

Return to Life Insurance