Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How Could He Do This To Me After 12 Years Together??

Funeral Insurance, Term Insurance and Burial Insurance

Postby Ingram » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:27 am

Honey, I am sorry for the loss of your mother.
Wow, you are in a tough situation.
I dont know, it amazes me sometimes too how people can be so different than who they portray to be.
In all honesty, I think he has been using you and your parents for the longest.
Right now, you need to get your life in order finanaces and all.
Since you guys are married I dont know what you can do about the finances.
Try to speak with your father, and see if you guys can seek legal advice.
If I were you, I would start thinking of a divorce.
Keep all evidence of his lieing and cheating.
You can show in the courts that he commited adultery, and wasted money and lied.
I dont know how far you can go with this, so you really need to talk it over with your father and both of you go see a lawyer as soon as you can.
Anything he owns, sell it. Whats his is your and whats yours is his. so you have a right to sell.

I dont think you should waste your energy on this man anymore.
I think he had an affair way before you even kicked him out.
If you decide to go through the divorce and a law suit dont tell him a thing.
Right now is not thinking about you.
It's time to move on, its time to take ownership of your life and make a brighter future for you.
You do not need this heart ache.
Its a sad situation, but put yourself first.
Things happen for a reason, reasons we cannot see now, but later on im sure you will be glad to have gotten rid of the scum you have of a husband.

Good Luck, and I wish you well.
Ingram

Postby Taj » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:41 pm

I am really sorry about you losing your mother. And you are completely justified in being angry. I would say you should divorce him, even if you don't want to you will hurt yourself if you don't. My parents were married 13 years and my dad one day pulled out 9,000 dollars from my brother's, sister's and my college savings my mom had been working on for many years to buy a new car. Can you imagine? A new car over your own children's education? He still won't admit to it, even though there's solid proof. He then cheated on my mom with the maid, and he let my mom pay for the pre-natal care for this child. When my mother found out she was furious and she gave him six months to straighten up. He went and had another child. So my parents finally got divorced and even now my dad tries to lessen child support more and more each year, and refuses to pay half of the college education as my parent's agreement was, so my mom ends up paying it all. This may seem like a completely different situation, but the result is the same. I know it's hard to accept, but people don't change very much. I would suggest you not expect him to be at your mother's funeral, and if he is then just thank him for coming. Try and cut off any sort of shared accounts you may have, then file for a divorce. Do it now so you may be able to forgive him later, just don't end up like my parents who hate each other and can't even spend two minutes together without screaming.
Taj

Previous

Return to Funeral Insurance