Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

How Can I Get Insurance Coverage For My Newborn Baby?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby lyn » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm having my baby in a couple weeks and I am not insured - therefore I cannot add baby to any sort existing insurance plan. We make too much money to qualify for the state CHIP plan for children (Not to mention we've been trying to make more money anyway to be able to pay the $10,000 out of pocket cost of having the baby). I figure the best I can do is to try for an individual health plan as soon as baby is born. Does anyone have any advice or have any of you out there had to go through this? I'll take any ideas I can get! :0) Thanks everyone.
lyn

Postby Eilwyn » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:24 am

Are you positive you don't qualify for something through your state for insurance? As far as I was aware, there really is no such thing as a uninsured child.. My husband and I make too much money to qualify for things like food stamps and that sort of assistance, but our daughter is insured through the state/chip.

Set up an appointment through your welfare or WIC offices and see what can be done.. I think this is the best route for you to go. Even if you are right, and I'm not saying you're wrong so don't take it that way!, but I would imagine they would have suggestions for you of programs or policies that you can get involved with.

Also be sure to ask about payment plans and reduced costs for your delivery at the hospital since you are currently uninsured. Normally it takes around 20% of the total cost off. Good luck!
Eilwyn

Postby chunta » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:49 pm

just call the company and add the baby on to the policy
chunta

Return to Health & Medical Insurance