Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   


Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Help For Study In Canada

Insurance & Special Deals for Seniors

Help For Study In Canada

Postby Crandell » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:24 am

Hi Tim,

How r u?

This is Aarti Sharma,25 years old, married & having Masters degree in English.I am planning for study visa for Canada. I have few questions to be clarified:

1) I have come to know that most of refusals for Canada study visa from India are on basis of wrong course selection. So being having Masters degree in English which course should i choose to get study visa without hassles?

2)My husband is graduate & working in private life insurance sector with earning around CAD 13,500 per annum, can he apply along with me as a spouse or should he apply after some time of my reaching in Canada. If we apply together is there any negative impact on our application?

Looking forward for best of your guidance...

Thanks & regards,

Aarti Sharma

Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:36 am

Help For Study In Canada

Postby eimar67 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:04 am

Dear Aarti,

The refusal rate for study permit applications by Indian nationals is high, but to say that most of these refusals are due to 'wrong course selection' is not correct.

Applications can be refused for a number of reasons. Most applications are probably refused on the grounds that the applicant has not satisfied the visa officer that sufficient funds are available for study abroad and because of a failure to establish any incentive to return home after completing the studies in Canada.

Students intending to study in Canada must show that there is some continuity or coherence between their academic studies so far and their professional interests, and their intended studies in Canada. There is no right or wrong program of study as such. Applicants must also satisfy a visa officer that it makes sense, in the circumstances, to spend so much more money abroad studying than to spend in back home, in India for example.

An accompanying spouse may be included in the application of study permit applicant if the applicant can show that she or he has sufficient funds to support them both during the stay in Canada. Accompanying spouses may also apply for an open work permit in Canada, but an applicant's financial ability to study in Canada cannot be dependant in part or in whole on projected earnings in Canada.

You may find these links helpful:


STUDY PERMIT GUIDE BY TIM MORSONhttp://www.immigration-info.ca/en/GuideStudyPermit2010.pdf

STUDY PERMIT – IMMIGRATION CANADA APPLICATIONhttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

STUDY PERMIT – IMMIGRATION CANADA PROCESSING MANUALhttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf

If this response has been helpful, please let others know by completing the AllExperts.com rating form.

Best wishes,

Tim Morson, CCIC*



353 Saint-Nicolas

Suite 307

Montreal, Quebec


T: 514-845-5454

F: 514-845-8174

[email protected]



*Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant(CCIC)

Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants(CSIC)

CSIC Member No M041310
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:57 am

Return to Seniors Insurance


  • Related topics
    Last post