Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Hello Everyone Please Help Me...... I Am Here In Usa I Recently Got Married, I Wanted To Get A Life Insurance?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Hello Everyone Please Help Me...... I Am Here In Usa I Recently Got Married, I Wanted To Get A Life Insurance?

Postby Favio » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 am

If you've recently come to the country and you aren't a permanent resident, you're best off buying your life insurance in your home country.
You won't be able to buy coverage here.
Favio

Postby Adoeete » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Your employer would typically offer some life insurance.
If not, go to any insurance agency.

But, if you don't have earnings, then you don't need insurance.
Adoeete

Postby Ansleigh » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 am

The first answer is wrong.
A person on a student visa cannot have a permanent job; it's against the law.
And the sort of jobs that you can have with a student visa do not provide life insurance.

Health insurance is different in each of the 50 states in the U.S.
You can only get it in the way that works in the state where you live; not in the ways that work in the other 49 states.

Since you cannot get health insurance from work, there are basically two options:

a. Buy it from a health insurance company, the same as any other non-employed resident of your state, and pay however much money the insurance company charges.

b. Sign up for whatever insurance your school, college, or university offers for its students, and pay however much money it costs.
Ansleigh

Return to Health & Medical Insurance