Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

Health Insurance For 1 Year Old What Is Best?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Postby Sanford » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 pm

I have been on medicaid for my son since he was born and all of a sudden it has been getting way to complicated they want me to renew it and give me a 2 day deadline and they want me to tell them every single time i go outta state which i travel alot. and they r always so rude to me over phone. im just pretty much fed up with it. so i wanted to know how much it would be to get my own insurance plan that i pay for monthly and which ones are best for him. i will vote best answer i would like to have the cheapest but best good one possible. thank you!
Sanford

Postby chavatangakwunua » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:23 pm

The reason they want to know when you go out of state is because they are investigating you, and when they can prove that you live in two different states they'll charge you for welfare fraud. They'll make you pay restitution, fines, and possible jail time.

Welfare workers are trained to not be personable over the phone. They require that you renew to curb fraud.

The cost of a private plan will depend on which state is your "official" residence, because the cost will vary by not only state but also by zip code.
chavatangakwunua

Postby fabien » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:28 am

My gosh = the government gives me all this free stuff and then expects me to do something for it.
And they are rude when I talk to them....

= can you believe what this country has come to! just downright AWFUL, I say.

I hope you can read my sarcasm.

Insurance is different from each state.
There is no way we can help you without knowing additional information.

- however, if you purchase any legitimate, quality insurance it should work for you and your son.

Insurance is one of those things that you get what you pay for... if it's too inexpensive, it's crap.
fabien

Postby Findley » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Our son become born 15 weeks early, has continually been healthful, and has not had complication getting coverage. yet you are able to call deepest insurers and ask. Any organisation provide you with expenditures.
Findley

Postby Darren » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 am

Child-only health insurance is a fitness plan for a child, or children, without an adult on the similar plan. Health insurance rates for infants under 1 year old are higher and this is logical, because all health insurance plans now contain well-child baby visits and habit exams that include blood tests and other diagnostic tests. Once beyond the tot stage, children?s health insurance is reasonable. That?s because children in the elementary school age group are less likely to develop serious illnesses. Health insurance plans that include good coverage for emergency room visits are important at this age, because K-8 school age kids are more susceptible to accidents. Youth are even more accident prone what with driving and contact sports. For health insurance purposes, they are careful children until age 19.

Child-Only Guaranteed-Issue

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) legislated that no refusals of reporting would be allowed for children during age 18. This provision of the law was one of the first to be implemented and became successful in 2010. The intent of the law was to make health insurance for children guaranteed-issue - meaning the child be turned down because of pre-existing conditions. Currently, health insurance carriers in 28 states offer child only coverage on a guaranteed issue basis. In some states child-only coverage is available all year long. In others, child only coverage is accessible only once or twice a year during open enrollment periods. In the other 22 states, insurers reject to conform with the law?s intent because guaranteed-issue for children without a focused for all children to be insured would be too costly. Quite possibly, this stalemate will continue until January 2014, when all health insurance is guaranteed-issue.
Darren

Postby Comyn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:53 pm

You cannot get an insurance plan for only a child and pay monthly for only a child.
You have to get a plan, and pay, for an adult parent of the child, as well as the child.
(If both parents are under 19, then you can't do that either, so medicaid is the only option.)

The amount you have to pay is whatever the price is for insurance for the adult parent that gets the insurance, plus the price for the child.

In most states, the price for the adult parent depends on the age of the adult parent and the health of the adult parent.
It could be $50 a month, $2000 a month, or any other number, depending on different things about the adult parent.

Again, you can't get it for only the 1 year old.
To get it for the one year old, you have to get it for both the one year old and an adult parent of the one year old.
Comyn

Postby Darcio » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:50 am

So, you cannot afford insurance but can afford to travel a lot? Your choice to spend your own money on travel and taking tax payers money for your kid's medical bills is why the government needs you to report when you travel.
People too poor to pay medical bills would not be traveling a lot.
It looks like you are committing Medicaid fraud not being truthful about your household income.

Don't expect super cheap insurance with great coverage.
Insurance is like everything else. You get what you pay for.

Does the father have insurance with his work?

ETA: you are not supposed to have 2 residences when on Medicaid.
You are supposed to have 1 household in 1 state used to determine your eligibility for assistance. Your benefits are determined by how much money your family has.
You don't get benefits and get to live in2 houses.

If you can afford your own insurance, why be on Medicaid at all? The point of Medicaid is to provide healthcare to those who cannot afford insurance.
We pay taxes for the less fortunate in society. It is how the system is supposed to work.
Darcio

Postby Arber » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 am

does it make you feel good to be rude when someone asks a simple question? you r an idiot. and fyi i dont get ALL this free stuff from government i only have medicaid for my son. i dont eat off of other peoples hard working money unlike you probably that has all the "free stuff" possible. thanks for your not helping. and i live in 2 dif states, alabama and va. back and forth.
Arber

Postby Hazaia » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 am

I recommend that you visit this site where onel can get quotes from different companies: http://cheap-insure.info/index.html?src=...

RE :Health insurance for 1 year old what is best?

I have been on medicaid for my son since he was born and all of a sudden it has been getting way to complicated they want me to renew it and give me a 2 day deadline and they want me to tell them every single time i go outta state which i travel alot. and they r always so rude to me over phone. im just pretty much fed up with it. so i wanted to know how much it would be to get my own insurance plan that i pay for monthly and which ones are best for him. i will vote best answer i would like to have the cheapest but best good one possible. thank you!

Update: does it make you feel good to be rude when someone asks a simple question? you r an idiot. and fyi i dont get ALL this free stuff from government i only have medicaid for my son. i dont eat off of other peoples hard working money unlike you probably that has all the "free stuff" possible. thanks for your not helping. and i live in 2 dif states, alabama and va. back and forth.

Update 2: I dont pay for my travel. and no he does not. and i pay taxes too so its just like im taking back my own money for medicaid. and i can afford regular insurance i would just like the best one.

Follow 4 answers
Hazaia

Return to Travel Insurance