Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Health care for 61 yr old............10 points!!?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby whitney83 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:06 pm

ssi ssd medical medicaid dha all say they cannot give or help my mom with healthcare she is unemployed unable to work because she is obviously disabled but has no history with a doctor because she never has had health insurance but has worked all her life. its sad to see my mother in so much pain and no healthcare is there anything out there that she can do or websites to where she can get healthcare benifits? i have done hours of research and come back to the programs that said they cannot help her. thank you to everyone in advance for your advice!
whitney83

Postby alwynn » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:16 pm

What was the result when she applied for these benefits. For SSD it is quite a drawn out process for approval. Medicaid also depends on disabiity if you are under 65 unless she has minor children to support. What income does she have? How can she be disabled if she has never seen a doctor. She has to see one. Take her to any county or community health clinic to become a patient. They charge a low fee. There are community out patient clinics in every town.She never had a job that offered health insurance?
alwynn

Return to Health & Medical Insurance