Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I Haven't Slept In Three Days! Help!?

Home & Contents Insurance Discussion

Postby lemmy60 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:54 am

I haven't been able to sleep for the last three days! I sleep for about an hour or two each night but that is it. I feel tired and my body feels sore, I also have a soar throat but not being able to sleep just makes it so much worse. Please help!
lemmy60

Postby Odran » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Have you tried taking something to help you sleep such as Sominex? Since you have pain you could also try AdvilPM or Tylenol PM.
Odran

Postby Blainey » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:59 pm

Sleeping pills can give you side effects so you are better off without them.

To sleep better just relax and switch off, if you can.

If you are having trouble switching off at bedtime some light exercise (for example, push ups or sit ups) at bedtime often helps you to relax, unwind and switch off and that often improves your sleep. Strenuous exercise at bedtime is likely to ruin your sleep.

Common sleep aids include Chamomile tea, 5-HTP, Melatonin and Valerian Root.

Sleep enhancing foods are supposed to include warm milk, turkey, cherries, oatmeal, bananas, wine and others as in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22s...

You can see further tips in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22h... which tells you "how to fall asleep and stay asleep".
Blainey

Postby Jenny-lee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:49 am

I get sick badly and suffer from the same things... this is what only truly helped me with my throat but you must follow it exactly. ( Mind you I don't have any insurance so home remedies are what save my butt. )

Take warm water, with salt and lemon.

Do gargles.. but the trick is you must do them EVERY HOUR.

I promise you by the 5th one you'll feel better. [ I did them this way because I get sick badly and I felt so much better afterwards. ]

As for sleeping.. just read a boring book. They work like a CHARM.
Jenny-lee

Postby beornet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 pm

Try taking a long warm bath and drink warm liquids if that doesn't work u may want to try sleeping aids
beornet

Postby Devry » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:04 am

Try drinking camomile infusion or warm milk before going to bed.

Ice-cream and yogurt are also good for making yourself sleepy.

If these don't work, it might be a serious insomnia problem and you should see a doctor for sleeping pills.

ALSO, are you sure your sleeping position is okay for you? things like uncomfortable pillows (too high or too low), too hot blankets, or not warm-enough room temperature can affect your sleeping habit.
Devry

Postby Amathaon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 am

Ok for your throat, I use cough drops to sooth it. And for the sleeping why don't you get a massage to sooth your muscles and that helps for the soreness! Hope it helps?
Amathaon

Return to Home Insurance