Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I have this science homework about forces and some objects moving with newtons on each side?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

I have this science homework about forces and some objects moving with newtons on each side?

Postby johannes » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:03 am

I just forgot how to work it out. It says this. I need the full answer.
1) Which direction will these objects move & by how much? ( e.g, to the right/up/down but idk what it means by how much it moved. )
a) There's a square and it's 5N going to the left and 10N going to the right.
b) There's a square and it's 20N going up and 30N going down.
c) There's a square and it's 7N going diagonal up left and 3N diagonal down right.
d) There's a square. 6N DOWN. At the top there's 2 lines going diagonal in a little, both 2N. Like,
2N / \ 2N ok yeah if you get it
johannes

Postby rollan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 am

the forces cancel each other out (eg 5N up and 5N down it wont move) then whatevers left over is which way its going and by how much.
so
a) 5 left and 5 right makes 0, leaving 5N right. so it moves right with a force of 5 newtons
b) 20N up and 20N down makes 0, leaving 10N down, so it moves down with a force of 10 newtons
I dont know if that's how you learned it or you did it by adding up vectors, but I hope this helps
rollan

Return to Insurance Agents