Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Do I Have To Pay Him?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Do I Have To Pay Him?

Postby Hototo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:24 pm

If, at the time, he said he was giving it to you - and if there is no paper-proof to say otherwise....then no, it`s yours and you don`t legally have to give him anything.

Ethically tho, you must be honest - and if you agreed at the time to give some back, or it was made clear to you that he was just using your bank account as a safe place to deposit it, then yes, you should give him some back. It all depends on what was said and agreed at the time. This sort of thing is known as a `gentleman`s agreement` and should be honoured as such.
Hototo

Do I Have To Pay Him?

Postby Giacomo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:45 pm

There's really not enough information to give you any kind of informed answer.
Giacomo

Do I Have To Pay Him?

Postby Chioke » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:55 am

once that money was deposited into your account it became yours.and if there is no written contract with your signature,then there is no obligation on your part what so ever.as long as the account is in your name only,you are legally free from any other claims on those monies.to go one step further,any presser or harassment can constitute in you pressing charges against those that interfere in your life in a way that results in you feeling threatened.it is your money,and there is no question about that fact.any harassment should be met with a stern warning on your part.followed up with legal action.
Chioke

Do I Have To Pay Him?

Postby Kevion » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:52 am

I wanna be a lawyer and recently I read about that....If the money is in your possession than you don't have to give him a pound...And sorry for saying this but if he is your step-father and if he is asking for half than he should be ashamed!
Kevion

Do I Have To Pay Him?

Postby Azriel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 am

it depends why he put it in your bank. He could take you to Court and ask for all of it if you have nothing in writing. He's your step father I'm sure he trusted you. Give him half and get something in writing the other half is yours,
Azriel

Return to Life Insurance