Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Man Busted Selling Fake Insurance Policies!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I have a lump in the left side of my neck?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby bartolome34 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:36 pm

I am twenty years old. And with all these people being diagnosed with different types of Cancer, I have started to feel really worried. I am worried because I have a lump on the left side of my neck. I actually have two, but they are different. The one that is most visible and easy to locate is the one that is about a pea's size and it does not hurt at all, it's also not that soft (it's pretty stiff). There is a smaller one right next to it, which is more difficult to locate. This one feels like it's deeper in my skin and it moves as I apply pressure to it (it also does not hurt). I have had both these lumps for several years. I remember being about 13 to 15 (maybe even younger) when I first noticed it. Now I am 20 years old, and worried that it could be something serious. Couldn't something bad have happened to me by now? I have heard that cancerous things like lymph nodes and such, have a long period of time to be detected. What kind of procedure would a doctor do, to examine your lumps, ( I am kind of terrified of doctors) does it hurt? I have no reason to be that worried, because I haven't had any weird symptoms. I just happen to hear about too many cases in which people are diagnosed with some type of cancer. Should I go to a Doctor? I mean I would, but I have no health insurance at the moment. Has anyone had something similar?

Ps...I had Hepatitis A, when I 12 years old.
bartolome34

Postby arrigo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:39 pm

I am twenty years old. And with all these people being diagnosed with different types of Cancer, I have started to feel really worried. I am worried because I have a lump on the left side of my neck. I actually have two, but they are different. The one that is most visible and easy to locate is the one that is about a pea's size and it does not hurt at all, it's also not that soft (it's pretty stiff). There is a smaller one right next to it, which is more difficult to locate. This one feels like it's deeper in my skin and it moves as I apply pressure to it (it also does not hurt). I have had both these lumps for several years. I remember being about 13 to 15 (maybe even younger) when I first noticed it. Now I am 20 years old, and worried that it could be something serious. Couldn't something bad have happened to me by now? I have heard that cancerous things like lymph nodes and such, have a long period of time to be detected. What kind of procedure would a doctor do, to examine your lumps, ( I am kind of terrified of doctors) does it hurt? I have no reason to be that worried, because I haven't had any weird symptoms. I just happen to hear about too many cases in which people are diagnosed with some type of cancer. Should I go to a Doctor? I mean I would, but I have no health insurance at the moment. Has anyone had something similar?

Ps...I had Hepatitis A, when I 12 years old.
My instinct says that this may be a swollen lymph node, if its there for 7-8 years and you are still doing good then this may not be cancerous. But to rule out visit and oncologist. This could be a fat lump as well.

Best of luck!
arrigo

Postby marschall74 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Go to the Drs.
Have it checked out. I had a client recently who had some lumps removed from their leg. There was no issue. The fact you have had them for 8 years is probably a good thing in the sense that if they were cancerous you would probably know by now.

Once you have had them checked if you are then worried about what may happen in the future, start having a look at Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection or consult a mortgage or financial advisor.

You need to take these out before you get any conditions otherwise it will either cost you more or they will cover you everything but the conditions you have. Its best to get cover sooner rather than later.
marschall74

Postby franky64 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Family or individual health plan  This is a major health insurance plan for individuals and families. If you are looking for comprehensive long term health insurance coverage for yourself and/or your family members who are sixty two years old or younger - this is the plan to choose.
Medical discount plans  ideal for those who cannot afford or qualify for traditional health insurance. The companies offer discounted health services for a quite low monthly fee. Benefits include a range of discounts for doctors, hospitals, dental, vision, prescriptions, vitamins, as well as other health services.
You are not the only one who met this problem,I have met this type of problem before.I have good experience here  health­insuranceideas.info  to solve my similiar problem.
franky64

Postby druson » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:55 pm

My friend had a hard pea sized lump on the side of her neck quite low down and didn't take any action until it started hurting. She had a biopsy and turned out it was indeed lymphoma cancer.

Her other symptoms were:

Unexplained weight loss.
Night sweats.
Fatigue.

She fought it for nearly two years, had the all clear around two months ago, but sadly lost her to pneumonia a few days ago (she was only 21.)

Please don't ignore this lump if it hurts and you have any of the other symptoms.

Better to be checked out, then worry yourself sick.
druson

Return to Health & Medical Insurance