Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Has A Rapper Ever Released An Album...?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Postby Dakarai » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:37 pm

With NO guest features and at least three verses per song on half of the songs on the album?

I was recently listening to a female German artist and was impressed that she had an LP with 16 songs and had no interludes, no intro/outros, no guests on, and had three verses a piece on all 16 of her songs. She has released three other albums like this and you have to respect such commitment to the art. I was taken aback because these days I've noticed that American rappers have a bunch of guest spots on their albums and like 10 songs only on an album. And if they EVER DO perform alone on a song it's like two verses (sometimes even one). And this BTW has nothing to do with mainstream or underground. Both do it, and it's starting to get annoying. Collab albums (i.e. Kanye/Jay-Z) or groups (i.e. Wu Tang, Army of the Pharaohs) don't count obviously. I think the one that did come close was Nas in his debut Illmatic, but he did have AZ on one song and only 10 songs in total (I consider that short, but I know some don't).
Dakarai

Postby corliss » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:37 am

Possibly.
corliss

Postby Bemossed » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:09 am

If he is extremely underground and cannot find anyone to feature, yeah.
Bemossed

Postby Alvy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Pretty sure Rip the Jacker- Canibus had no guest appearances...
Alvy

Return to Insurance Agents